1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Drogon (Apollo from Lipar Land)

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by Drogon, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Drogon

Drogon $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Drogon passed away in his sleep Feb 12th. He was 3yrs old. Necropsy revealed an issue with a heart valve. This picture was taken the day before he passed away. It was one of his best days ever at training. He did more in 3 years than most dogs do their entire lives. I'm honored to have been his partner. He was the greatest dog I've ever had. My next pup has some big paws to fill.

[​IMG]

• Empathetic Empathetic x 14
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

So sorry for your loss.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Prushanks

Prushanks Hot Topics Subscriber

He truly was an exemplary specimen of the Dobermann. One of the very first I admired when I joined DCF.. we all have admired and enjoyed watching his accomplishments and hearing his stories... especially the funny one-liners you would pop out with about sleep and energy. Steve, he is so very missed.
    If the new pup is a fraction of the dog Drogon was, he/she will be stellar. ❤️

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. Liberty & Justice

Liberty & Justice Formerly Sophia's Justice Hot Topics Subscriber

Tragic and such a young age. I'm very sorry to have read about your loss.

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. bomary

bomary Hot Topics Subscriber

Man...that baby really WAS just a sight to behold. He was absolutely beautiful, and your commitment to his training AND making sure his diet, training, exercise, etc. were top notch was more than obvious. I could not be more sorry for your loss. It's really odd how we feel like we know each others' dogs on here, but I did feel like I knew that beautiful and talented boy. My heart breaks for you, and I will miss his pics and stories.
    I AM glad that you have a new buddy to look forward to training, playing with, bonding with, etc. I can't wait to see him/her. You are in my thoughts often ever since I heard this news. I am anxious for those thoughts to involve new puppy pics and stories.
    Run free, Drogon...show'em your stuff!...you were a wonderful, impressive, and lucky boy.

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Be proud of who he was and what you have done....

He will be in your memories forever, and not forgotten.

Stay strong for you embark on another mission.

Sgt. Todd Simpson circa '91.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

What a handsome and loved boy. Their time with us always too short...

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. blacknrust

blacknrust Notable member

Heartbreaking. I'm sorry for your loss.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

I’m so sorry for your loss.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. NikiL02

NikiL02 Formerly Nlr02 $ Forum Donor $

Oh my goodness... I am so very very sorry.
    :sorrow:RIP Drogon. :sorrow:
    May there always be something for you to bark at and lots of places to run on your side of the rainbow bridge.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Such an obviously shocking loss for us on the forum, I cannot begin to imagine what it was like for you :( So very sorry for your loss. Drogon was a gorgeous dog and worked like a champ. I have no doubt your next 'partner in crime' will rise to the challenge under your leadership.

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

So incredibly sorry for your loss. It was such a shock for us all. You gave him a great life and he gave it his all. What an awesome dog and pal... RIP Drogon.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

So sudden and unexpected :(

I am heartbroken for you, Steve. I know how much Drogon meant to you and I also know what it's like to lose a dog so young, and the heartbreak is just unbearable.

I admired Drogon for his all out drive, passion and dazzling good looks. I still remember seeing the very first pic of him and thinking...Oh Wow! He’s a beauty.

You both gave each so much unconditional love and friendship and you will never forget him, he will always be in your heart.
    The world has lost a beautiful soul who was loved with quality because time did not bless him with quantity.

I’ll miss hearing about his antics, seeing him in action doing what he loved best. His passing has touched us all. RIP sweet boy :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. WiglWerm

WiglWerm Hot Topics Subscriber

Drogon was an exceptional doberman inside and out. He will be missed. :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

So sudden and so young. :( I was shocked when this happened. And scared for our breed. You and Drogon made a great team. I know how much work you did with him and how he thrived! Like you said, you and Drogon probably packed more into 3 years than some do in a lifetime. He was a wonderful partner and will be truly missed.

RIP Drogon :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

I am so sorry for your loss. No one can understand the pain you must feel, only through our own experiences can we begin to relate what you must be going thru. Training in the sport that we do, the endless amount of time working, training, playing and building that bond to become a perfect team together. It is just so painful. He will always hold a special place in your heart. The things that you taught each other will continue as reminders in your future training and in time will become great memories for you to look back on.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

A wise man once said the hardest part of being a member at DCF are threads like these.:(

We're here for you, bud.

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. CRDobe

CRDobe Notable member

So very sorry for your loss.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm still shocked to the core about his untimely passing. You excelled with him and it was very obvious you had a strong bond with him and gave him the best possible life he could ever want. He will be greatly missed by all of us, even though I know it's beyond words for you.

Run free handsome Drogon... :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Another Dobermann taken too young to soon! Sorry for your loss.

• Agree Agree x 2