DPCA 2016 Nationals

Drogon

Hot Topics Subscriber
2016 National Update

The Doberman Pinscher Club of America will be celebrating its
91st Annual National Convention and shows in St. Charles, IL
October 8 - October 15, 2016 at the Pheasant Run Resort.

Please don't delay make your room reservation by calling 1- 630-584-6300 Monday - Friday 9AM - 5PM central time, ask for reservations, the room block is under DPCA. If you call after hours or on weekends you will be unable to make a room reservation.

Our room block is 93% full; Golf rooms are all gone;Tower rooms are still available.

We have a fun filled week planned for you and your Dobermans.

Please use the link below to check the schedule on DPCA.org where you will find the most current national information.

The DPCA | National Convention

There are National items in the DPCA store use the link below to view all National items available in the store.

National Apparel Catalogs and Banquet tickets are now available to pre-order in the DPCA Store.
(You can save sales tax by pre-ordering and picking up your items at the National.
Banquet tickets,Catalogs and Reserved Seating / Trophy Chairs or Chair Backs must be picked up in St. Charles shipping is not available for those items.)

Apparel Link:

Catalog, Banquet, Seminars, Reserved Seating and Trophy Donations:
National | Product Categories |

The Agility premium list is available online.

The Conformation / OB premium list will be published soon; please check the National website: The DPCA | National Convention

Your National Show Team is looking forward to seeing you in St. Charles!

Reserved Seating

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

Trophy Fund

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

Catalog Advertising

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

Agility Match - Saturday Oct 8th

Agility Match: Starts 30 minutes after end of trial at "Agility at the Farm".

Click here for info about Agility At The Farm

$10 first Run, $5 second run
Open to ALL breeds - Limited to 60 runs

Heart Clinic - Sunday Oct 9 thru Tuesday Oct 11th

The DPCA Nationals Cardiac screening clinic will be held Sunday October 9 through Tuesday October 11th.

Deadline for signs up and prepayment is the closing date for entries - Wednesday September 21st.

All appointments will be scheduled once the judging program is finalized to try to avoid conflict with the events that your dogs are exhibiting in. For this reason it is very important to indicate the events your dog is in.

When the scheduling has been finalized you will receive an email with your appointment time and day . Please provide a phone number so you can be reached if you are already traveling to the Nationals.

The following link will direct you to the online registration as well as payment options. Payment can be mailed, faxed or called into the cardiologists office as explained on their site.

Mass. Veterinary Cardiology Services, Inc.

Clinic will be held upstairs in the Mega Center - Skybox 3 & 4

Thank you.
Dr. Beverly Purswell
DPCA Health Education Coordinator

WAE - Sunday Oct 9th & Monday Oct 10th

There will be two DPCA WAE's held in St. Charles at the Pheasant Run Resort

8:00AM Sunday October 9th Evaluator Grover McLin
11:00AM Monday October 10th Evaluator Ray Carlisle

The WAE will be held by the tennis court.

Check the National website for more information
Welcome Party - Sunday October 9th

Your 2016 show committee is bringing back some FUN to your National this year.

Pack your dancing shoes cause we're gonna PARTY and dance the night away.

There will be costume and dance contest with prizes!

Our party planners Estelle and Nicole Baron are hard at work making all the plans.

You don't have a costume? Here's one site we've found with a huge selection.

Click here

Welcome Breakfast, Annual Meeting & Awards
Monday October 10th

Welcome Breakfast 7:00AM
Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony 8AM - 10AM

Please Join us for the welcome breakfast and Annual Meeting.

THE DOBERMAN PINSCHER CLUB OF AMERICA will hold its annual membership meeting on Monday, October 10, 2016 8:00 AM Central Time at the Pheasant Run Resort
4051 East Main Street, St.Charles, Illinois 60174.
Barn Hunt Seminar - Monday October 10th

WHERE: DPCA National Convention, St. Charles, IL

Come find out what this exciting new sport is all about, and start having fun with your dog training for a Barn Hunt title!

Barn Hunt Tent will be behind the RV's!

Click Here

CGC/Testing - Monday October 10th

The American Kennel Club
Canine Good Citizen and Canine Good Citizen Advance
will be available throughout the day, testing will be conducted by
Jan Cohen.

More info on the website... Click here
GCH Adamas Shock and Awe
WAC THDA CGC BFL-1
Exhibitor Seminar - Monday October 10th
Breeder Seminar - Tuesday October 11th

Monday Oct 10th 11:00 AM - 3:00PM Turquoise Room A&B 2nd floor of Tower

Tuesday Oct 11th 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Turquoise Room A&B 2nd floor of Tower

ORDER BREEDER SEMINAR HERE

ORDER EXHIBITOR SEMINAR HERE

Round Robin Tournament - Tuesday Oct 11th

Generation Forward Meet and Greet & Round Robin Tournament

8AM - 12:30PM Mega Center

Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 (Meet and Greet Start Time is 8am in the Mega Center)
Entry Fee: $10.00 - entries will be taken up to one hour prior to the start of the Tournament (Please contact Theresa Connors-Chan; email: theresadconnors@yahoo.ca with questions.)

Classes Divided by Sex: 4-6 months/ 6-9 months / 9-12 months/ 12-15 months / 1 5 -18 months / Open

Awards: Best in Match * Best Puppy * Reserve Best Puppy * Best Junior * Reserve Best Junior * Best Adult * Reserve Best Adult Prizes will be awarded to each of the awards!

Details: Two judges will be pre-selected for the first cl ass and the Awards. Then, after the first class, each class winner (either the handler or the owner) will judge until the final last judge determines the overall winners. The committee will select a mentor judge to assist the winner judge. If the class winner is unable to judge the next class, the second place winner of the class will be offered the position. If that is not possible, the mentor judge will judge the class.

Note: Professional handlers may exhibit dogs owned or co-owned by them or their immediate family .

Check the National website for more information:
http://www.dpca.org/national/documents/2016-rr.pdf

Barn Hunt Trial - Tuesday October 11th

Learn more at www.barnhunt.com
Come join us for the second Barn Hunt trials to be held during the DPCA National. We will hold 2 trials on Tuesday October 11, 2016 at the host hotel; one trial in the morning and one trial in the afternoon.

This will give everyone a chance to attend at least one of the trials and earn legs and/or a title. And you are welcome to enter both trials if your schedule allows.

We are going to have FUN!!

Click Here for more information

Barn Hunt Tent will be located behind RV Parking
CHIC Clinic - Tuesday & Wednesday October 11th & 12th

The CHIC DNA Repository, co-sponsored by the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) and the AKC Canine Health Foundation (AKCCHF), collects and stores DNA samples along with corresponding genealogic and phenotypic information to facilitate future research and testing aimed at reducing the incidence of inherited disease in dogs.

Please come and help support Doberman Pinscher Health Research by participating in the FREE DNA Collection Clinic at this year's National generously funded by the DPCA. This blood will be placed in a DNA bank for Doberman research, available to all researchers and stored at the University of Missouri.

Blood Draw will be held in the Mega Center 10AM - 12:30PM & 2PM to 4:30PM both days.
Agility Seminar - Wednesday October 12th

An Agility Seminar with Dana Pike

Dana began agility in 1991 with an unlikely breed, a 6 month old Bernese Mountain Dog named Riley. Through agility she was introduced to an entirely different way to train, using a reward based system and not the aversive methods she had been familiar with. She quickly discovered the huge benefits of marker training...dogs that were willing partners and participants, that happily looked forward to training sessions, no matter what they were being asked to learn!

Click here to send a check using a mail in PDF registration form
ROM Seminar - Wednesday Oct 12th

Health Night - Thursday Oct 13th

Health Night Speakers 7:00PM Turquoise Room A&B 2nd floor Tower.

Dr. Kara Kolster - DVM, DACT (Diplomate of the American College of Theriogenologists)
"Effects of hypothyroidism on reproduction"

Dr. Frances O. Smith - DVM, PhD, DACT
"Commonly Encountered Reproductive Challenges and How to Deal with Them".

For more information check the National website:

Night Walk - Thursday Oct 13th

Location to be announced; start will be sunset.

Doug & Jacque Matson

This is all the information at this time check the National website for updates
Judges Education Seminar - Friday Oct 14th

12:00PM Turquoise A&B Rooms

DPCA Judges Educational committee will present the History, Temperament, Type, Head, Structure and Gait using computer presentations with live dog demonstrations along with panel discussions, followed by a working dog demonstration.

HANDS-ON WORKSHOP: Presentation of quality dogs for examination and evaluation to begin ½ hr after judging is complete or immediately following seminar.

SATURDAY-October 15th: Ringside Mentoring during Best of Breed by parent club approved mentors. (Additional ringside mentoring will be provided throughout the week's events beginning October 8th if notified in advance).

*Both Seminar and Hands-on Workshop must be attended to qualify for a completion certificate.
Cost: $25.00
No Charge for all AKC Judges

To receive Seminar Materials- Register in Advance

For all information, including registration details and to pay with "PayPal", please Click here

Or Contact: Vicki Harris- Seminar Coordinator- imagedobes@gmail.com

Friday Night Fundraiser - Friday October 14th

Please join us for the Friday evening
Annual Fundraising Dinner.

Announcement of the Judith Fellton Award, Lifetime Achievement Award and the
Good Guy Award

Silent Auction, Raffle and the Chapter Club Challenge Baskets.

The tickets will be available at the registration booth until Wed. October 12th from 9:00am to 11:00am and 1:00pm to 3:00pm. Ticket cost is $40.00.
Tickets will be available on the National website starting in July.

Tables will be assigned on Thursday October 13th check at the registration table.

Please bring raffle items and bid items to the nationals and give them to Mimi Brown.

Donations can be items for the raffle and cash. Please consider a donation to this worthy cause!

Come join us at the fundraising dinner!

Dr. Mary Helene "Mimi" Brown

Pre purchase your tickets online to avoid sales tax fees your pre-paid tickets will be available for pickup at the Registration table on Monday.

http://www.dpca.org/…/friday-night-health-and-rescue-fundr…/

IPO Trial - Friday Oct 14th & Saturday Oct 15th

Entry Closing Date: 9/23/2016 @ 12:00 PM EST

Join us for the United Doberman Club IPO Fall Classic and watch our Dobermans
participate in the three phases of the IPO Sport - Tracking, Obedience and Protection.

Go to www.uniteddobermanclub.com for entry form and detailed information!

Top 20 Juniors & Pee Wee Exhibition - Saturday Oct 15th

Come One Come ALL!!

Please help the DPCA SUPPORT OUR JUNIORS at the DPCA Top Twenty Junior Exhibition and rosette ceremony during the Best Of Breed lunch break Saturday Oct 15th,

This year we have added the AKC Pee Wee competition.

Juniors- we also have the Junior Jamboree Pizza Party
for you on Friday Oct.14th after Bitch Judging

Please do not reply to this message to contact the Board of Directors please use the email address provided on dpca.org.

Archer

Hot Topics Subscriber
I'll be there again this year! Anyone else going? I booked my room at the host hotel about 6 months ago. Excited about this venue. It's beautiful...and only 8 hours from me!

Very exciting news...myself and a few others are working on adding Lure Coursing to the list of events. Still pending AKC approval :)

Next year is Huron, OH.

MischasMomma

Site Sponsor
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
I'll be there again this year! Anyone else going? I booked my room at the host hotel about 6 months ago. Excited about this venue. It's beautiful...and only 8 hours from me!

Very exciting news...myself and a few others are working on adding Lure Coursing to the list of events. Still pending AKC approval :)

Next year is Huron, OH.

Again? We're you there last year in PA and I missed you?!? :(

Drogon

Hot Topics Subscriber

Next year is Huron, OH.
I plan on going at least for 1 day. Timing might be bad for us as we are planning to trial for our BH right around the same time. Ideally we could trial first and then relax and enjoy a few days of the event. It is only a 1 hour or so drive for me so I don't plan on spending the night.

MischasMomma

Site Sponsor
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
Nope. Only one I've missed For the past four years.

Go figure! I didn't get to see anyone there last year. Would have been awesome to root for a dog(s) I actually knew! Or even chat with someone I knew! Will you be competing at nationals this year?

Archer

Hot Topics Subscriber
It would have been nice to see you :)

Aria and Faith will be in Conformation, Barn hunt, Obedience and Lure Coursing and Aria will sit for the WAE as Faith has already passed. The puppies will be in attendance, but are not old enough to compete yet. They are Futurity nominated for 2017, so they will be in the ring next year

The main reason I am excited about going is that Sirius (the sire of my litter) will be competing in Breed and Top 20, so I will have the opportunity to see him again and take pictures with him and the puppies :)

GennyB

Hot Topics Subscriber
Anyone else going?

Before I read this....
Sirius (the sire of my litter) will be competing in Breed and Top 20

My answer would have been no. I have been asked to make a custom something (don't know what that is going to be yet) for the silent auction. I was going to ship it to the person that ask me to do it. But Sirius is coming, I might have to hand deliver it.

Archer

Hot Topics Subscriber
Before I read this....

My answer would have been no. I have been asked to make a custom something (don't know what that is going to be yet) for the silent auction. I was going to ship it to the person that ask me to do it. But Sirius is coming, I might have to hand deliver it.
lol. I texted his owner to confirm. He will be there. Breed is Monday and Top 20 is Saturday. Let me know if you go. I will look for you :)

Cool. Can't wait to see what you make for the silent auction.

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
The main reason I am excited about going is that Sirius (the sire of my litter) will be competing in Breed and Top 20, so I will have the opportunity to see him again and take pictures with him and the puppies
Oh that is awesome and I trust you will post photos for us. ;)

kdsweet41

Ohhh I'm definitely shooting for next year in OH- only 4 hours from me!

Have fun, can't wait to see pics!!