Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Dogtra ARC Handsfree remote trainer

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by jazzies mum, Mar 11, 2019.

1. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

I have been doing some research of ecollars and came across the Dogra Arc remote trainer. It has 1200m range, 127 levels of stim, and a new slimline receiver that looks discrete. The cost is on the high end of middle range but I feel that I will need the added safety of ecollar backup for many years to come so the investment would be worth it. The hands free option would be welcome too!

Does anyone have any experience with this brand?

2. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

We have 2 Dogtra 1900NCP and a 1902NCP training collars. One is a 2 dog and the other is a one 1 dog collar. They are almost 8yrs old. They have worked great. Just issues like eventually replacing batteries over the years. We also had to eventually send them back for replacement of the Rheostat Dial (the knob on top next to the antenna) which is the knob controls the amount of stem.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jazzies mum

Thankyou @strykerdobe . That sounds like the sort of robust system I am looking for!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

1200 m range sounds amazing! Most seem to have just 500 m. My dog can cover that kind of ground just finding a place to poop :spit:

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. jazzies mum

Yep, know what you mean. The basic e collar I'm using is only 100m, IF there is nothing in the way, and IF the batteries are still full! It is still useful, but I can't rely on stopping any chase as Jazz is out of range in a count of 5! And now she knows she only has to bear it for that time and she's free. :sour: There will be a few lessons set up for her when I get the new one and I bet it won't take long for her to realise the range and that will be the end of problem. There's also more graduation in stim levels, and a dial to increase/decrease the power that is much more user friendly than the button system. Best of all the model I'm looking at has a nice discreet receiver on the collar that won't bring a lot of comment out in general public!

6. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

I looked up the model and the design really is nice and slim. The usual box is rather large.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Yea, that's pretty far. About double what I get on The Dogtra IQ. Its the one I bought for Kali and it only goes 400 yards. But I've never had a problem not reaching them. I think if it were on a low setting and she got far away, it may not reach. But so far so good. And I rarely use anything but the Vibration.

Dogtra iQ Plus Remote Trainer : Cabela's

[​IMG]
    Dogtra iQ Plus Remote Trainer
    [​IMG]
    • Ideal for all of your pet-training needs
    • Water-resistant transmitter fits in the palm of your hand
    • Waterproof receiver collar has a range of up to 400 yds.
    • Can be made into a two-dog system with add-on receiver collar
    Gently correct your dog with the low to medium output of the Dogtra iQ Plus Remote Trainer. Built to suit all of your pet-training needs, this unit boasts an ultracompact water-resistant handheld transmitter and a fully waterproof receiver collar with a range of up to 400 yds. Can be made into a two-dog system with the purchase of an additional receiver collar. Long-lasting, rapid-charge batteries. Recommended for small to medium-sized dogs. One-year manufacturer's warranty.
    Included:
    • Transmitter
    • Receiver
    • Battery charger and splitter cable
    • Owner's manua

• Like Like x 2
  8. jazzies mum

@MyBuddy 400yds would be plenty for Kali and her little legs I reckon, although I have seen your recent video where she was really motoring! :sonic:
    My thinking is that, as I do have to upgrade from the 100m system, then it would be wise to make absolutely sure that what I get will be up to the job, no matter the type of country. Sometimes there can be scrub, or, if it ever rains again, high grass!

Good to hear you are happy with this brand and it has performed well.

9. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I had the same collar as stryker but only one dog, for Java. Then I needed a two dog system that had a few more bells and whistles. Paige is a very soft dog so having tones, vibrate and stim all in one was important to me so I upgraded to the ecollar technologies Educator PE 902. I did look into the arc collar back then and the curve design did really appeal to me! but it was very brand new and the price was much higher then. The educators box is also much smaller than dogtras so I was happy either way with my choice there. My mother also needed a collar for her new pup so it all worked out great. :D

You will have to let us know how it is if you get it!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. MyBuddy

Hmmm, I like the curve design on the Arc too. That looks like it would carry better around the neck than just the square thing, which seems heavy. Especially on Kali.

When you mention "box" what are you referring to?

11. Rits

The receiver on the collar.

12. MyBuddy

That's what I thought. But it looks as big as the one I've got. Is it actually smaller in size? I've often said that I wish that thing, I guess called The Box, :) , was smaller. For a smaller dog. When I looked it up I didn't think it looks much smaller but pictures are deceiving.

13. Rits

My educator receiver is definitely smaller than my old Dogtra 1900. I'll have to take a picture. I just looked the Dogtra 1900 up since I dont have it on hand and it looks like they updated the collar to also have the slim technology.

You also have to remember, I dont have small dogs, hah. So yes it is smaller than my old ecollar but I think anything will look "big" on a small dog! I also realized that you are probably talking about the IQ and the educator where I was talking about a different dogtra collar... the IQ and the educator are the same size with the IQ weighing slightly more.

Edit:
    Dogtra Surestim (1900) H Plus (my old collar):
    • Receiver Box Dimensions: 3.125" x 1.75" x 1.5"
    • Weight: 8 oz
    Dogtra IQ
    • Receiver Dimensions: 2 x 1.5 x 1
    • 2.7 ounces
    Educator Pro (current collar)
    • 2" X 1.5" X1
    • 2.4 ounces

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Rits

Dont mind me! Collar receiver is the correct term... it was just late and the "box" was so much easier to process cause it looks like a box, lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. jazzies mum

Thank you all for your input. It seems that no one has anything negative to say about Dogtra collars in general, and as the model I'm looking at has been around for a bit it should have all the bugs ironed out! Think I'm sold, and I'll definitely let you all know how it performs! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Interesting never heard of these. Interested how it preforms. I have the Mini Educator 300. It has been a really great collar. Going on 3yrs of use no issues so far. But I did switch to the short hair prongs. The original ones are too big for a sleek hair dog like a dobi or my old pit. I think its a half mile range for them? Hm.

17. MyBuddy

Short hair prongs? Does that mean the 'knobs' that go against their skin are smaller? I tried to look it up but the pictures didn't show the prongs. That's always been my issue on Kali. She is so small and that 'box and prongs' seems so large on her neck. I never put it on very tight and if I do it too loose it bounces up and down as she runs and will rub off hair if left on too long. So I never leave it on Long. I'd be interested to know if those have smaller prongs in the one I have.

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  18. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Im sorry. They are technically called called contact points. Mine are the "micro." But they also have "comfort pads" which spread the pressure rather than just having two points. You can see them all under ecollar.com. in the accessory tab.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Yes the collar receivers look smaller now. Our collar receivers are larger. Newer technology.

• Like Like x 3
  20. jazzies mum

Well, I received the gear today and it looks and feels like very good quality. I have some reading up to do before I seriously start Jazz with it but I have found her base level. She responds beautifully at level 10 in non distracting environment. As there are 127 levels of stim I think that will cover anything. Everything is waterproof and rechargeable so low batteries will be a thing of the past providing I take care to recharge regularly. I'll give a proper review when I've had it in use for a couple of weeks!

• Like Like x 3