Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Dogs Attack Burglar...

Discussion in 'Canine News/Informative Articles' started by Marko1962, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Marko1962

Marko1962 Hot Topics Subscriber

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ataro

Ataro Notable member

I guess the best strategy is to wait until they get side and train your dog to respond to subtle hand signals.

• Like Like x 1
  3. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Thank God for stupid criminals. For our members in the UK and Australia.
    How much has crime gone up since strict gun laws or bans have been in effect?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

:mad::D

5. Marko1962

Marko1962 Hot Topics Subscriber

Make of this as you will, stats from 2007

% of homicides by firearm - Eng & Wales 6.6 / Australia 11.5 / US 60
    Number of homicides by firearm - Eng & Wales 41 / Australia 18 / US 9146
    Homicide by firearm rate per 100,000 pop - Eng & Wales 0.07 / Australia 0.14 / US 2.97
    Rank by rate of ownership - Eng & Wales 88 / Australia 42 / US 1
    Average firearms per 100 people - Eng & Wales 6.2 / Australia 15 / US 88.8
    Average total all civilian firearms - Eng & Wales 3,400,000 / Australia 3,050,000 / US 270,000,000

Source

I am quite surprised that in the UK we have an average of 6.2 people out of 100 people with access to firearms :eek: In my entire life of 50 years I have never seen a real gun except on TV... Here in the UK our main problem is knife crime although that's mostly to be seen in the inner cities and gang related. Gun crime is usually gang related or robberies although we do have occasional mass shooting, the last was Derrick Bird in the Lake District in 2010 who killed 12 and wounded 25 as he drove around the district (very very close to Judith). We had 2 women PC's shot dead a couple of months ago.

6. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

There will be a ban on knives very soon. :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  7. MyBuddy

Whoops :ot:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

They should just make violence against the law.:mad:

• Like Like x 2
  9. MyBuddy

Isn't it? :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

We have to drive three miles to get to our postal box. We also haven't locked our doors in ten years. We put the house up for sale years ago and had to change the locks so the realtor had a key. We have a long driveway and a gate which lets everybody know we have Dobermans. We've never had a problem. Knock on wood!

• Like Like x 1