Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Dog Saves Life of Abandoned Newborn

Discussion in 'Canine News/Informative Articles' started by JanS, Nov 3, 2015.

1. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

[​IMG]

A picture went viral in Saudi Arabia this week, showing a dog carrying a newborn baby in its mouth to take her to a nearby house, where she was rushed to hospital.

The Saudi daily ‘Sada’ said it does not know whether the incident took place in the Gulf Kingdom or another country but it added that the dog saved the baby’s life.

“Those who posted the pictures said the dog carried the baby to the nearest house, whose dwellers rushed her to the hospital…the baby’s life was saved by the dog,” the paper said, adding that the baby was apparently dumped by her mother near a waste bin.

Original source:
    Dog Saves Life of Abandoned Newborn

• Like Like x 1
  2. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Astonishing! It sure would be a heart stopping moment to see that and wonder if the dog releases the baby! Good Dog!

3. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Astonishing is the word! The dog doesn't even look like somebody's pet. It looks like a street dog that may have even had rocks thrown at it. They aren't exactly kind to stray dogs in Arab countries. The photos raise questions in my mind... How on earth were photos taken? I don't think snapping some pictures would be my first instinct. What happened to the mother? Was she just a girl whose father took the baby away to save her life? Are there a lot of babies thrown in the trash because of the laws in Muslim countries?