Dog nutrition; food, supplements

LuckyBoy

Dobie owners, I love this community and I’m super thankful for each one of you. Today I’m asking about supplements such as vitamins minerals and all of the good stuff that I Doberman needs to stay healthy and keep healthy. I’ve been noticing lately that my Lucky seems like he gets tired somewhat.
More like something looks a bit off energy wise some times. He’s only 1.2 years old. Maybe he’s missing Omegas? Idk can you all help me with what type of supplements I should give him? I attached a photo of his food. I looked it up and it had mostly 5 star reviews. Also I attached a photo of my handsome Lucky! ‍

Attachments

• 5B03E82D-E7E3-44EE-82FD-553851F48932.jpeg
    5B03E82D-E7E3-44EE-82FD-553851F48932.jpeg
    350.1 KB · Views: 10
Hey there, Lucky.

Yeah, it seems that 30/20 is a pretty standard number in "performance" formula dog foods. I remember as far back as with my first Dobe I looked at, and when I could afford it, fed Eukanuba performance 30/20. Today, I happen to feed Pro Plan Sport 30/20. I realize many disagree with using such a food due to it being not so high quality and having fillers. Works for me.

I don't know if your Dobe's diet would be the thing causing his perceived tiring. Seems to me most dog foods of decent or better quality should give a dog what they need. Can you give an example of his tiring?

That said, experimenting around is always a good idea if you feel you need to. I certainly have done my share of that.

I started giving my boy (3 1/2 yrs old) Ultra Oil (sardine, anchovy & hempseed oil) and I've noticed a significant difference in his activity level. Before I started him on it, he'd chase the toy I'd throw and go to the other side of the yard, lay down and chew the toy. Now, it's game on...throw it again, throw it again!

I don't know if your Dobe's diet would be the thing causing his perceived tiring. Seems to me most dog foods of decent or better quality should give a dog what they need. Can you give an example of his tiring?
I agree. What are the signs? My devil doesn't stop moving, maybe we can swap diets :spit:

I started giving my boy (3 1/2 yrs old) Ultra Oil (sardine, anchovy & hempseed oil)
Kaiser eats sardines and I did not notice any uptick in activity but it did make his coat more glossy. However, I will make a note to myself to NOT add anchovy or hempseed oil - Maybe that combo creates more craziness!

Kaiser eats sardines and I did not notice any uptick in activity but it did make his coat more glossy. However, I will make a note to myself to NOT add anchovy or hempseed oil - Maybe that combo creates more craziness!

I think the benefits come from the combo.

@Kaiser2016 - started to rate your post funny, but more so, I agree. If Asha had one more ounce of energy I'd go bonkers. I feed sardines once a week because it's just good for them, I don't feed any supplements.

Back