Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Dog named Trigger shoots owner

Discussion in 'Canine News/Informative Articles' started by JanS, Oct 27, 2015.

1. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

ORTH WEBSTER, Ind. — Authorities say a northern Indiana woman is recovering after being shot in the foot by her dog.

And the dog's name? Trigger.

Indiana Conservation Officer Jonathon Boyd says 25-year-old Allie Carter of Avilla laid her 12-gauge shotgun on the ground without the safety on during a waterfowl hunt Saturday at Tri-County Fish and Wildlife Area.

Boyd says Carter's chocolate Labrador retriever, Trigger, stepped on top of the shotgun and depressed the trigger.

He says Carter was shot in the left foot at point-blank range, suffering injuries to her foot and toes. She was treated at two hospitals and released.

Tri-County Fish and Wildlife Area is about 140 miles north of Indianapolis.

Original source:
    http://www.startribune.com/dog-named-trigger-shoots-owner-during-indiana-waterfowl-hunt/337146761/

2. Gretchen_Red

Gretchen_Red Hot Topics Subscriber

Name a dog Trigger expect to get....shot. Maybe next time she should name her dog "Safety" or "paramedic"

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Yup, keep that safety on unless you're shooting. I know a Lab (by coincidence) who knocked over a loaded gun without the safety on and it hit a little boy and killed him. :( You know the first thing they try to do is get more gun control and that's not the answer...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Gretchen_Red

I don't understand gun control laws, I went off on a tangent and then deleted it. If you're with me you're with me and if you're against me you're against me so why waste the breath.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Drogon

Drogon Hot Topics Subscriber

Guns don't kill people. Dogs with guns kill people or at least shoot them.
    I bet that dog wouldn't even have passed the background check to get a gun.

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Had she only named the dog Crapper...
    Would have been gross but much less painful.:cool:

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Gelcoater

We have a thread for that in Hott Topics,go ahead,rant in there! It was a fun thread.

8. Gretchen_Red

I hate politics, everyone argues their side but no one changes their mind, it's like a gerbil running on a wheel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gelcoater

It's not in the political section,it's in Hott topics.;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gretchen_Red

Close enough to politics for me. :)

• Funny Funny x 1