Dog goes missing on Delta flight

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
'He's my best friend': Man searching for answers after dog goes missing on Delta flight
1C6848557-stump-photo-2.blocks_desktop_avatar.jpg

Scott Stump TODAY contributor
6 hours ago.

A search for a man's dog that went missing on a Delta Airlines flight has now entered its second week, and the owner remains skeptical about Delta’s explanation of the dog’s disappearance.

Frank Romano was flying from Los Angeles International Airport to Tampa, Florida, as part of a cross-country move with his family on Oct. 31, when he was told by a Delta agent while boarding the plane that his 6-year-old pit bull, Ty, had gone missing.

"She took me to the side and said, 'Oh your dog went missing, he chewed through the kennel, but we found him, we just need you to identify him,''' Romano said on TODAY Wednesday. "And then two minutes later, she told me that he ran away an hour ago and they still can't find him."

1D274907200180-man_and_dog_laying_on_bed-web.blocks_desktop_medium.jpg

Owner Frank Romano said he just wants his dog back, who he calls his "best friend."
Delta is investigating the dog's disappearance and assisting with the search, but said in a statement to NBC News that "early indications show procedures were followed and the dog may have compromised the kennel on its own." Delta sent photos of the damaged kennel to Romano, who questions the notion that his dog broke through the crate. He said the airline has since given him a $200 credit for the incident, but that doesn't cover the price tag of losing his dog.

1D274907200179-Dog_being_pet-tease.blocks_desktop_medium.jpg

A 6-year-old pit bull named Ty has been missing for two weeks after his owner, Frank Romano, said Delta Airlines told him the dog went missing before he boarded a flight on Oct. 31.
"To me honestly, it looks like it was broken from the outside,'' Romano said about the kennel. "Like the metal door was off the hinges and everything. It doesn't look like a dog bit through that."

1D274907200181-dog-crate-web.blocks_desktop_medium.jpg

Delta Airlines said in a statement that "the dog may have compromised the kennel," while owner Frank Romano believes it was damaged from the outside.
Los Angeles International Airport's administration said in a statement to TODAY that airport personnel searched for the dog but have since suspended the search after receiving no reports of dog sightings. Ty is microchipped, which Romano hopes will lead to his return.

"I just want my dog back safe and sound,'' Romano said. "He's my best friend. I just want to see him again."

Original source:
http://www.today.com/pets/man-searching-answers-after-dog-goes-missing-delta-flight-1D80283141

That is a real life nightmare for me. I couldn't even begin to imagine what this guy is going through. I hope Someone finds him and is familiar with the story.

On a separate note the dog looks very much like a pitbull which surprises me that Delta even allowed him to fly.

It would be a nightmare for me too since both of our dogs have come here via Delta. Well you already know that. ;)

I'd be pissed and terrified.

Jedi missed his flight to me as a new pup and was lost for a while. Man was I freaked when they told me that, and they weren't sure where he was. I was tripping out! They finally found him in the Atlanta airport, and he made it in on the last flight of the night. That was a long wait!! I was so scared for him, and angry for the incompantance, and just hoping for the best outcome. Many emotions all going on at the same time, and me sitting there in the Delta Cargo waiting area trying to remain calm. I'll never forget that one. Makes me real nervous about flying a dog somewhere, as this was my first experience with that.

i would hurt someone! what a terrible thing to happen... how does a dog just go "missing" i don't believe one bit of that story... with all the ppl working in an airport and no one can find the dog after two weeks?! liesssssssss! poor guy :(

I got stuck in Memphis one time (long story), I thought I was going to have to fly home with Drake. Thank God I couldn't find an airline that would do it. I ended up renting a car and driving home.
Can you imagine if a dobie got out? They would probably shoot first.

What I don't understand is how,with the high security,cameras everywhere they can't find this dog.
Now,I know LAX is a big place,it's huge!
Believe it or not the fields between runways are large enough to support a small population of wild fox.
But still,how does a dog just disappear?

That is a real life nightmare for me.

I'd be pissed and terrified.

i would hurt someone!

I thought I was going to have to fly home with Drake. Thank God I couldn't find an airline that would do it. I ended up renting a car and driving home.

What I don't understand is how,with the high security,cameras everywhere they can't find this dog.

ALL of the above is what I would be going through!!!!! Dear God...............
@Dobie Wan Knobie What a frightening experience! I'm so glad it worked out! I would be beside myself ! :pullhair:

Horrifying!!!
JMO -- it looks like someone did not put the door on correctly. It looks like human error,
not dog breakout!!! They prob said the dog bit through, cause it was a pit.
I drove 9-10 hours one way to pick up my baby. I would be freaking out if that happened
to my dog! They would not ever forget me, if that happened to my dog!:censored:

Back