1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Dog Food and Ear cropping supplements

Discussion in 'Doberman Nutritional Care' started by Drogo, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Drogo

Drogo New Member

Drogo os now 9 months 21 days
    Currently on Royal canine
    Glucosamine tablets
    Many say the food is crap
    In india there is no orijen, acana,taste of the wild nothing not even fromm,victor,
    Only Farmina (ancestral grain & grain free)
    And what about ear supplements
    Vitamin C ?
    Glucosamine ?
    Calcium ?

Attached Files:

2. Drogo

Drogo New Member

In sorry we have
    Acana
    Orijen
    Taste of the Wild
    Farmina
    So any suggestions?

3. CRDobe

CRDobe Notable member

Of those, I would go with Farmina Ancestral grain. My cropped dogs were adult rescues, so no advice for the ears.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

For the ears, we gave vitamin C.

It is not advised to give calcium to a growing puppy as it can cause uneven skeletal growth. If you want to give that, wait at least until he is 2 years old.

I give Glucosamine support for joints - best to give it before an injury so it is a preventative for us. Kibble never has enough glucosamine even though it gets listed as an ingredient.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Drogo

Drogo New Member

My vet says vitamin C is for tissues and not for cartilage
    And calcium doesn't matter as the body will as much is required and other will be waste
    So he says give glucosamine and calcium

And won't give raw because as we live on a farm they sometimes kill my chickens and small lambs (it has happened with my GSD)