Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Does this look right? - Ear posts

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Skippy22, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Skippy22

Skippy22 New Member

FE8F556A-65D2-45C3-8EB4-911E4CF3CA51.jpeg 247667D9-756F-4359-BABA-C68016DA3C68.jpeg We’re on day 3, did I get the bottom in the right spot?

I’m about to take this one out and re-post with clean materials.

• Like Like x 4
  2. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

It's kind of hard to tell...

with the bottom of the ears, you want to make sure the natural fold on the inside of the ear is getting wrapped back and keep the tape relatively loose

ears.jpg

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Skippy22

Skippy22 New Member

I got the fold the right way, I just want to make sure that the backer rod is seated in the right spot.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

The fold should go back over the head, it looks to be folded wrong her in your picture. This is very important in getting the ears to stand.
    1FF53F55-8BA7-42D2-BD2D-E06A271E5C4A.jpeg
    This part must be folded back when taped so it curls back up on the head to help the ear stand.
    19BC55F5-3A6E-4C0B-8CDD-EDE7CFC04C80.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dogs4Life

Dogs4Life Member

Can't speak for all but with the two pups we had if the posts weren't seated right, they would constantly be shaking their heads.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

When seating the backer rods in the bottom of the bell, push it in there pretty firm while twisting it. This helps get it to the bottom. When doing this lift/pull the top of the ears onto the back taped backerrod.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Silent Dobe

Silent Dobe Well-Known Member

I agree with everything. This may be how you want them to sit on her head but if you are looking for a straight up look and not slightly tilted to the sides you can tighten the center support going across the top of her head just a LITTLE bit. If you go too much they will learn to tilt in when her ears are erect giving it a teepee look. Just wanted to add that, not a criticism in any way just an option.

• Like Like x 1
  8. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

It’s tough to tell from the side with the picture you attached but the post has to go all the way down and sit at the bottom.

9. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

6279062C-95C6-467B-BC36-B0ED433FAFA4.jpeg Here’s a pic old pic of Shadows post.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kay Shaw

Kay Shaw Hot Topics Subscriber

Which direction do you wrap the natural fold?

11. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

The natural fold- folds away from the eyes towards the back of head.

Let the fold naturally lay and tape in that direction, which would be clockwise, if horizontal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Yup, like this if it's of any help.
    Wrapping bottom 3 sized.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

The way I sometimes describe it is wrap the fold in toward the centerline of the skull.

• Like Like x 2