1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Dodie has gone over the bridge

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by JanS, Jan 28, 2012.

1. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Today we had to say a sad farewell to our old Sheltie girl Dodie at age 16. She's been doing great up until now and getting around very well, but when we were eating lunch I looked over and saw her seizing so we went over to comfort her. When she came out of it she wasn't able to get up or stay up and was panting and coughing like crazy so we took her to the emergency vet and by the time she got there she was coughing up blood. We had to make the hard decision to have her put to sleep, but I think her time was just up and she wouldn't have had the quality of life anymore, so it would have been cruel to try to drag it out.

Run free little girl. :sorrow:

As a puppy. She's the one on the right.
    Dodie and Lassie young cropped.jpg

A few years ago.
    Dodie in snow storm Mar 31 09 sized.jpg

And a couple weeks ago.
    Dodie in crate Jan 19 12.jpg

Ironically it's one year to the day when baby Boris went over the bridge.... :(

• Like Like x 10
  2. FredC

FredC Guest

Aww Jan im so sorry.. Run free Dodie you will be missed by many.

• Like Like x 5
  3. swillia2

swillia2 Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh jan I'm so sorry ! My first dog was a Sheltie ( shep ) I was only 5 . I had him for 16 years and were my love if dogs began .... They are such a wonderful breed . Rip thoughts are with you xx

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.960146,-1.142238

• Like Like x 5
  4. Max Hawk

Max Hawk Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm so sorry Jan you've had your share and then some of losses.. it made me cry when you said it's been a year since Boris! Run free Dodie and Boris is there to welcome you:sorrow:

• Like Like x 5
  5. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

Very sorry Jan for your loss. Regardless of when it happens we are never ready to let them go. May she RIP

• Like Like x 4
  6. pawpads

pawpads Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

So very sorry....:sorrow:

• Like Like x 3
  7. swiftK9s

swiftK9s Hot Topics Subscriber

Jan, I am so sorry. My heart goes out to your and your family.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ethel

Ethel Active Member

So sorry Jan. :sorrow:

• Like Like x 4
  9. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Thanks everyone. Even though it's so hard to say goodbye to any of them, at her age we just knew her time was up and you really can't ask for much more than for them to be healthy and active right up to the end.

She was really a Daddy's girl so we didn't quite have the bond I've shared with our Doberman's, but at any rate she was a big part of the family and we'll miss her presence here, even though she always kept a low profile around the house.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm so sorry, Jan. At least she had a great quality of life right up to the end. What terrible timing, though. *Huge Hug* for your whole family.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Judith

Judith Hot Topics Subscriber

How strange for her to go the same day as Boris , i am so sorry for your loss Jan, i am sure Boris was pleased to see her running over the rainbow bridge , god bless :sorrow:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Pitts

Pitts Hot Topics Subscriber

I am so sorry for your loss Jan, and I really hope that your pain is eased by knowing she is happy and playing with the others over the bridge.

• Like Like x 4
  13. My Mateese

My Mateese Notable member

Oh Jan and family I am so sorry to read this. Dodie
    was a beautiful little girl, I got tears reading this and
    especially a year to the day of Boris.:sorrow:

No matter what the age or the circumstance when we loose them
    it is so hard, they are our family and they are part of us.
    She will always always be with you......LOCKED IN YOUR
    HEART FOREVER, nothing can ever take that away.
    She had a wonderful wonderful loving life with you.:love:
    I know that doing what is right for our furkids, does
    not erase our pain.

RUN FREE SWEET GIRL.........RUN FREE.......YOU ARE AN
    ANGEL, YOU ARE HEALTHY, YOUNG AND RUNNING WITH
    THE BEST OF THEM.......................HAPPY:sorrow::love:

• Like Like x 3
  14. Liberty & Justice

Liberty & Justice Formerly Sophia's Justice Hot Topics Subscriber

Shedding a few tears for you and the family. Justice and I are sending you our thoughts Jan.......... I hope you and the family fixate on the wonderful 16 years you all spent with Dodie. May she rest in peace and thank goodness Boris was there to play with her !!!

• Like Like x 3
  15. zmchristopher

zmchristopher Notable member

:(so sorry Jan, Only other day we talkin about Dodie :sorrow: Rip Sweet girl xxx

• Like Like x 3
  16. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

So sorry to hear of your loss Jan. You gave each other 16 wonderful years! She will forever be in your
    heart and right beside Boris watching over you and yours. Run Free Dodie!

• Like Like x 2
  17. StarlightDobe

StarlightDobe Hot Topics Subscriber

So sorry to hear this, I saw it on Facebook and posted there too. RIP pretty girl, I am sure Boris, Mysti and all our others are there to greet you.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

So sorry to hear of your loss Jan. She really had a great long life right up until the end. RIP pretty little girl.

• Like Like x 2
  19. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

RIP little girl. Thank you Jan for having the the strength to let this girl go. As hard as it is, you knoow you let her go with some dignity.
    Mom was waiting for her, now they both have peace.

• Like Like x 2
  20. DreamValley

DreamValley Active Member

Oh no Jan... that's definitely a black day in the calendar for you.

Think about 16 years of great memories Dodie left before her crossing...

• Like Like x 3