• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Dodie has gone over the bridge

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Today we had to say a sad farewell to our old Sheltie girl Dodie at age 16. She's been doing great up until now and getting around very well, but when we were eating lunch I looked over and saw her seizing so we went over to comfort her. When she came out of it she wasn't able to get up or stay up and was panting and coughing like crazy so we took her to the emergency vet and by the time she got there she was coughing up blood. We had to make the hard decision to have her put to sleep, but I think her time was just up and she wouldn't have had the quality of life anymore, so it would have been cruel to try to drag it out.

Run free little girl. :sorrow:

As a puppy. She's the one on the right.
Dodie and Lassie young cropped.jpg

A few years ago.
Dodie in snow storm Mar 31 09 sized.jpg

And a couple weeks ago.
Dodie in crate Jan 19 12.jpg

Ironically it's one year to the day when baby Boris went over the bridge.... :(

I'm so sorry Jan you've had your share and then some of losses.. it made me cry when you said it's been a year since Boris! Run free Dodie and Boris is there to welcome you:sorrow:

Thanks everyone. Even though it's so hard to say goodbye to any of them, at her age we just knew her time was up and you really can't ask for much more than for them to be healthy and active right up to the end.

She was really a Daddy's girl so we didn't quite have the bond I've shared with our Doberman's, but at any rate she was a big part of the family and we'll miss her presence here, even though she always kept a low profile around the house.

How strange for her to go the same day as Boris , i am so sorry for your loss Jan, i am sure Boris was pleased to see her running over the rainbow bridge , god bless :sorrow:

I am so sorry for your loss Jan, and I really hope that your pain is eased by knowing she is happy and playing with the others over the bridge.

Oh Jan and family I am so sorry to read this. Dodie
was a beautiful little girl, I got tears reading this and
especially a year to the day of Boris.:sorrow:

No matter what the age or the circumstance when we loose them
it is so hard, they are our family and they are part of us.
She will always always be with you......LOCKED IN YOUR
HEART FOREVER, nothing can ever take that away.
She had a wonderful wonderful loving life with you.:love:
I know that doing what is right for our furkids, does
not erase our pain.

RUN FREE SWEET GIRL.........RUN FREE.......YOU ARE AN
ANGEL, YOU ARE HEALTHY, YOUNG AND RUNNING WITH
THE BEST OF THEM.......................HAPPY:sorrow::love:

Shedding a few tears for you and the family. Justice and I are sending you our thoughts Jan.......... I hope you and the family fixate on the wonderful 16 years you all spent with Dodie. May she rest in peace and thank goodness Boris was there to play with her !!!

So sorry to hear of your loss Jan. You gave each other 16 wonderful years! She will forever be in your
heart and right beside Boris watching over you and yours. Run Free Dodie!

So sorry to hear of your loss Jan. She really had a great long life right up until the end. RIP pretty little girl.

RIP little girl. Thank you Jan for having the the strength to let this girl go. As hard as it is, you knoow you let her go with some dignity.
Mom was waiting for her, now they both have peace.

Back