Dock Diving Thread

LifeofRubie

Well, it's time to start a Dock Diving Thread, I think!

We had quite a break through today!

I included a video of a "nope" because it still shows how much he WANTS to do it. He's still "thinking" too much. I'd say he jumped about 20 times in total!

The first two times, he more fell off the dock and his head went under. Once he started jumping, he figured out he sunk less!

The raft (redneck barrier) keeps him from jumping into the ramp, first.

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Its been a year since Ripley was first introduced to the dock. She was just 12 weeks old so a bitty puppy! She only had one session on an actual dock then we used the indoor pool throughout the winter. Took a long break after the pool closed and tried the real dock again at the beginning of summer. She went from absolutely refusing to go in, to jumping off the ramp (but no toy), to jumping off the big dock and now last week she jumped 12 ft for the bumper off the rig!

I put a video together of her journey this past year. She certainly wasn't a fan of the water in the beginning but jumped in because we were in there. Now we literally can't keep her out when we are cleaning the pool... She comes out there with us and wades at the far end of the pool, goes back to the ramp and jumps back inπŸ˜‚. Little fish.

Gelcoater

Expert ThreadCrapper
$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
This thread is gold.
Once they figure out water won’t melt them and is actually fun?πŸ˜‚
Refer to my avatarπŸ˜‰
After that. The biggest challenge is keeping them OUT of the water at inappropriate times.
Like 5 minutes before thanksgiving dinner for example.😑

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
@LifeofRubie The breakthroughs are the best ! I imagine next week will go SUPER well!! Can't wait to hear about it!

Ripley had to have like 3 breakthroughs on just getting wet... Indoor pool took weeks for her to get to a point to willingly jump in with no pressure. Then we had a long break at the end of winter through spring and tried another indoor pool and she acted like she never had seen water. She HATED it. Then the dock took weeks too but not nearly as long as I expected. Still, wouldn't jump in with friends!! She had to be given that gentle boop and there was no looking back after that. Sometimes they overthink it sooo much and all the positive methods in the world won't convince them until they do it that ONE time and then it's like they always have done it!

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
12 feet last week to 15 this week! As long as it comes off the rig, it counts. She will get some speed and height eventually and grab it fully at 15' soon. 😁 Look at that stretch and toe kick on the last one though as she realizes she's sooo close to missing it. πŸ˜†

Next week is our last week for the season. πŸ₯² Getting a bit chilly. Ripley didn't mind but the humans getting wet from her do lol.

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
our practice space is indoors so we get to carry on through the changing seasons.
Yay! We will get to live through you guys then. I'm looking forward to following his journey!

I can't believe how good Ripley looks out there :love: no fear!!!! I really do not have any clue about the rules and what not, yet, but 15 ft is nothing to sneeze at!
Its pretty good considering a few months ago she refused to go in the water πŸ˜‚ I'm just so happy she loves it now and is having fun. The progression each week is icing on top.