1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Dobie puppy with working potential - Pennsylvania/NJ area

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by obbanner, Jan 27, 2016.

1. obbanner

obbanner $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

I don't normally post rescues, but this is a recommendation for a Dobie with working potential and I thought I'd share it. Art

From: 'Carla L. Boyd' Maiakitas@aol.com [SUBURBANDOGTRAININGCLUB] <SUBURBANDOGTRAININGCLUB@yahoogroups.com>
    To: SUBURBANDOGTRAININGCLUB <SUBURBANDOGTRAININGCLUB@yahoogroups.com>; y2k9s <y2k9s@yahoogroups.com>
    Sent: Tue, Jan 26, 2016 6:46 pm
    Subject: [SUBURBANDOGTRAININGCLUB] Gorgeous Dobie Puppy Looking for her Forever Home [3 Attachments]

HI,

I am fostering a spectacular, 14 week old Doberman Pinscher puppy for Delaware Valley Doberman Pinscher Assistance Inc named Fiona. Fiona was surrendered to rescue by an Amish "breeder" because she had an undiagnosed eye problem. After coming to rescue she was diagnosed with bilateral, lower lid entropion, however after an exam by a veterinary ophthalmologist, he feels she has what he calls "spastic entropion" where the eyelid occasion inverts in but will likely outgrown the problem because many days her eyes appear perfectly normal. The veterinary ophthalmologist wants to watch as she matures and reassess when she is scheduled to be spayed, and if she still needs entropion surgery, rescue will cover the costs of her eye surgery. She has no other eye issues and has checked out healthy otherwise.

Fiona is a big (35 lbs at 14 weeks) active, friendly and outgoing girl despite her less than ideal upbringing, and would be an awesome potential performance dog. She is food and toy motivated and a willing worker. We'd love to get her into a home where she'd have a job or dog sport to do.

I tried to attach a couple of photos but not sure they came through, but if you are looking for your next performance puppy, or a fun activity partner, Fiona might be your girl.

For more information on Fiona, you can email me directly since I am her foster mom, or if you are interested in being considered to adopt this awesome baby, please go to the DVDPA website and fill out an adoption application at : Delaware Valley Doberman Pinscher Assistance, Ltd.

Best Regards,

Carla L. Boyd

Mai Akitas

AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator

Pawlee CGC, TDI & Tribble CD, BN, RN, CGCU, CGCU, TDI, CD-C, CL2, BID, SSB

blinddogrescue.com

• Like Like x 1
  2. JerseyFirefighter

JerseyFirefighter Site Sponsor

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

3. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

• Like Like x 2
  4. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Aww poor girl and so young. I wish there would have been a photo but they did give a good description.

5. obbanner

• Like Like x 4
  6. AresMyDobie

Oh she's adorable !!!!

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

It's tempting...

But I have to say that this...
    scares me. Everybody knows I love my Goober to death but she was the most expensive "free" I ever had. I love my vet and her staff, but I'm okay not seeing them so much. :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. MischasMomma

MischasMomma Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I know rescues need homes too, but with the limited knowledge I had coming in, my ONE criteria was NO AMISH BREEDERS. They too often inbreed and the dogs typically are poorly socialized, and more time than not, they run puppy mills. I understand this one is a rescue and in no way supporting a puppy mill, BUT from experience, my parents got a puppy from an Amish guy years ago on a whim after their dog was hit by a car, and she was great until she turned 3. Turned aggressive for no reason. Had many UTIs and they spent a lot of time at the vet. Not saying all Amish breeders result with the same outcome but from my experience I would be scared to get a puppy from any amish breeder after that. It could potentially be a lot of work and vet visits. I can almost guarantee that they do zero health testing on their dogs so you will likely have no clue what you're getting either. They're too stingy with their money to spend it on health testing. I certainly don't want to put the pup down in anyway, and she'll be perfect for someone but I have a feeling this girl may come with some baggage. But She sure is adorable!!!

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. obbanner

This is the first time (I'm pretty sure) that I posted a rescue anywhere. I never met Carla Boyd, but have heard of her. I think Carla passed around this email because she thinks the dog is worth considering. She knows the time and devotion that goes into training a dog, so wouldn't recommend a dog if she doubted its health. If you're seriously thinking about it, email Carla and try to get her opinion. I'm sure she won't lie to you and if she doesn't know, she'll say so.

PS - I totally agree with you on Amish breeders. For the most part, they're horrible.

• Like Like x 2
  10. AresMyDobie