1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Doberman Rescue

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Ddski5, Aug 8, 2019.

1. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

It doesn't surprise me in the least. As I said earlier in this thread, rescues can be very difficult to work with.
    I understand there has to be rules and guidelines but commonsense has to be applied also.
    It was a sad day when the word rescue became another word for big business.

A 'friend' (I use that term loosely here) of mine approached me recently about making some things for an auction to raise money for dogs in need. When I questioned exactly where the money was going, she became livid and calling me all kinds of names like that would motivate me. I simply explained that I don't support animal rights, but choose to support animal welfare. That's when the name calling went to a new level. I just said there is a difference, look it up, never hurts to educate yourself.
    The AR train has tons of money behind it by playing on people's sympathy. Making hero's out of people that adopt with their 'adopt don't shop" campaign. Therefore making villains out of people that choose to go to a breeder. I don't see how supporting a responsible breeder is a bad thing. Raising your chances of a healthy dog, and getting support through the hard times as well as having someone that will take the pup back should a situation arise is a bad thing?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Wow x 1
  2. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow! Big Red Flag there! :thumbdown:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

OFF TOPIC RANT: that "adopt, don't shop" slogan that rescues and celebrities like to throw around really rubs me the wrong way.

Whether you opt for a reputable breeder, a backyard greeder, a shelter, or legit rescue, you are still SHOPPING.

If you buy a brand new car off the dealer lot or a used car from craigslist, you are still SHOPPING.

You are giving money to someone for a product you deem worthy of that money = Shopping. :mad:

Rant over. @GennyB that's too bad that she went off like that. Giving rescues a good name, that one :thumbsup2:

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

She's been sending me youtube videos all day. I guess they are of a show on Animal Planet called Animal Cops. Filled with horrible stories and depicting breeders as these terrible people that just breed dogs till they drop. I watched part of one............that was all I could take. I emailed her and told her to stop and her response was "See what you are supporting"

• Wow x 4
  5. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

For her information, the breeder I support had Rubie's mom spayed after a recent problematic labor so that she wouldn't have to go through it again and can live a full and happy life :scratch:

• Like Like x 2