Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Featured Doberman puppy owners - track your weight gain here

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by JanS, Jul 10, 2009.

1. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

We were discussing this in another thread and it would be interesting if everyone checked into this thread to post their puppies weight and age. Of course all dogs vary, but I thought it would be a good way to keep track your your own pups weight and see how they compare with other pups their age.

I scanned my notes (scribbles?) of Boris and Della's puppy weight and it's interesting how small Boris was compared to Della at the same ages, but he really started gaining at the 5 - 6 month mark, and I don't think Della is going to have spurts like that.
    As you can see, she weighs over 10# more than Boris did at this age. :eek:

Anyway, here's what I have to date and I hope the rest of you check in regularly to post your pups progress as well.

Boris and Della weights.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  2. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

i didnt weight with karma, i did height... on the wall LOL... crap... wonder if i painted over it...

but think its neat that Fate and Della are pretty right on. Faith is suppose to be quite a bit smaller, but she was I guess the runt, she wasnt super small but she was the smallest in the litter. If she comes sunday I will make sure to get pics.

3. Damasyn

Damasyn Novitiate

wow ! lol Dellas a little chubbo compared to boris ! hehe 19 weeks she 9 lbs heavier!

• Like Like x 1
  4. burlysoldier

burlysoldier Member

WOW!! Dela was same size as Zulu at 10 weeks! Guess the girls get big quick! Zulu lost weight!!! He went from 65 to under 62 on friday! I dont know if the sxcale was messed up but he looks ALOT bigger than he did last month. Hmm, the raw food is fattening him up a little too. I guess the scale was messed up lol

5. Damasyn

Damasyn Novitiate

Lexi 8 weeks ----- 15 lbs
    10 weeks ---------- 22lbs
    18 wks ------------ 44lbs

holy cow ! i didnt realize how big she was lol I dont know how much she weighs now. I havent weighed her since she broke her hips in April

• Like Like x 1
  6. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

Apollo:
    6 weeks: 11lbs
    9weeks: 17.9
    11 weeks 22.5
    13 weeks 29
    15 weeks 35
    17 weeks 42
    and now with almost 6 month 61lbs :eek:

holly my baby gets big:D

7. So Cal Dobie

So Cal Dobie New Member

I just started tracking Trojan.. My new Kimbertal pup..

11 weeks 28.2
    12 weeks 30.8
    13 weeks 33.6 (Has the runs as well) Could be more I suppose

He is out of Pierce Patrick who is about 105/110.. Bitch is out of Wiking who is 110 as well.. Only had him a little over 2 weeks and he looks to be SUPER NICE, great temprement..

• Like Like x 1
  8. JanS

Della - July 19 09

21.5 weeks (5 months) - 42#

All in all she gained 11# from 3 - 4 months and 8# from 4 - 5 months. I guess it sneaks up on you. :)

9. So Cal Dobie

So Cal Dobie New Member

Trojan weekly weigh-in..

14 weeks and 40.2lbs

He put on quite a bit in the last week.. Started him Trophy Sure Grow and I beleive it has helped.. He grew in length as well Just under 20 inches right now..

• Like Like x 1
  10. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

Fate is 41.5.... right behind ya jan, lol

11. MeganUK

MeganUK Notable member

Josie was 17# when i got her at 11 weeks
    Now she is 49# at 28 weeks. Both of her parents were nice standard dobes at 75 lbs. I don't think she will be quite that big, but we'll see!

12. RedChrissy

RedChrissy Jr Member

Ella will turn 10 months old on the 27th,.. and at the vet today, she was only 58 pounds.

Her weight looks great right now too!, Wow, I guess she's just a dainty little thing..

13. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

goodness. weighed her today, 44lbs... she is getting too heavy to pick up.

14. deladobies

deladobies Member

what about weight loss... maybe I should start a thread...

Fat girl on Diet... lol

• Like Like x 2
  15. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I didn't have Buddy as a young pup but he was 74 lbs when I got him at 7 months. He was born Jan 2008.
    At 9 months he was 79.80
    At 15 months he was 90
    Last vet visit was July, 18 months old, 93 lbs. I'd say he's full grown! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. So Cal Dobie

So Cal Dobie New Member

Trojan weekly weigh-in..

15 weeks and exactly 43.0lbs... Over 20 inches as well... This is fun to watch..
    I've had him exactly one month and he's put on 15lbs..

• Like Like x 1
  17. JanS

Della - July 26 09

22.5 weeks - 45#

This is really interesting and I'm so happy you guys are all reporting in. :)

Wow hrd, Fate and Della are hanging right in there together. True sisters. :)

18. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

I know Faith and Rusty are just a lil thinner than Fate... should of weighed Rusty today, saw her today. Shucks...

19. BlueEyes

BlueEyes Guest

Excalibur is 24.6 pounds at 14 weeks & 3 days. He is soo leggy right now!!!

• Like Like x 2
  20. So Cal Dobie

So Cal Dobie New Member

Trojan week 16 weigh-in...

He is checking in at whopping 46.6 at 16 weeks.. Over 21 inches as well..
    Boy oh boy, length is really coming on in his legs.. I DO beleive that the trophy sure grow has really helped with bone development.. Everytime I take him out someone comments on him..