Doberman Posting 1 1/2 years old

Mcarrasco21

Novitiate
Hi All,

I tried searching through forums but didn’t quite find an answer. I have a 1 1/2 year old Doberman. He was cropped at 11 weeks old and was posted up until he was 7 months old. His ears looked good at that point, but then we slowly noticed that a crease would occur in the middle of his ear, unfortunately we didn’t address it at that point. From what I read, it appears we may not have been pulling up as much as we should’ve when we were posting. We also should’ve continued posting. I’m posting a picture of what he currently looks like and I’m wondering if at 1 1/2 years old, is it too late to try to fix the crease? Has his cartilage set at this point? Or is correction posting still possible?

Any insight is helpful! Thank you!😊

Attachments

• E3B329B0-8817-44CD-B860-10400642C2D8.png
    E3B329B0-8817-44CD-B860-10400642C2D8.png
    1 MB · Views: 42
Hi All,

I tried searching through forums but didn’t quite find an answer. I have a 1 1/2 year old Doberman. He was cropped at 11 weeks old and was posted up until he was 7 months old. His ears looked good at that point, but then we slowly noticed that a crease would occur in the middle of his ear, unfortunately we didn’t address it at that point. From what I read, it appears we may not have been pulling up as much as we should’ve when we were posting. We also should’ve continued posting. I’m posting a picture of what he currently looks like and I’m wondering if at 1 1/2 years old, is it too late to try to fix the crease? Has his cartilage set at this point? Or is correction posting still possible?

Any insight is helpful! Thank you!😊
They are standing so that is good, posting isn’t going to change the crease you though. Is the crease a problem or is it just the look you don’t like. I wouldn’t worry about it.

I’m relieved to see them standing! :thumbsup2: There was a point where the pink of Kaiser’s ear skin looked odd or obvious, but once the fur grew in, the little crease wasn’t all that visible. I believe the crease is a result of them doing airplane ears.

Ripley has that crease too. It's where she folds her ears for expression. Sometimes it isn't as noticeable or goes away completely when she really is alert. I don't think there is much you can do about it. We pulled up on posting as much as possible. I notice it on dogs with thicker ear leather more.

I notice it on dogs with thicker ear leather more.
That's what I was going to say too. Albert's cartilage actually wasn't completely formed yet at 18 months so breathe rights might help some. They look fine to me though.

Back