1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Doberman in NE Kansas running out of time.

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by DocReverto, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Any luck, Matt?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rach

Rach Hot Topics Subscriber

Just checking back... I just hope someone has picked her up... All I keep thinking is Coyotes... They have been pretty ballsy around here with the large breed dogs of lates..

• Like Like x 2
  3. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

Checking back too wondering if there is any news

• Like Like x 1
  4. Asteria

Asteria Formerly Luca & Co Hot Topics Subscriber

Same here. :) Update please :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Sorry guys been pretty busy. Amber decided today was extreme house cleaning day.

I went out for a few hours this morning with no luck. I haven't heard from the owner today so no good news to tell you guys.

I will be going out for a few more hours tomorrow, but unfortunately her whereabouts are still unknown.

The problem is these roads are so spaced out. There is so much private property I can't check legally, and I just can't find a single damn track.

My guess is that she has been walking on the road quite a bit, but even then I should be able to pick up some tracks.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Asteria

Asteria Formerly Luca & Co Hot Topics Subscriber

:( I really hope she gets back to her owner somehow someway :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I hope she's found well. Commenting so that I can keep updated on this one. Prayers are with her. I know dogs can be very clever when they need to be- here's to hoping she found some place warm to hide out for the time being...

• Like Like x 4
  8. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

This situation just sucks because as much as I would like to tell myself that someone took her in I know that's not the case. It's possible, but not likely. I just hate to think of her suffering in the cold.
    Almost every person I talked to in each area I searched said dogs constantly roam the area. I guess that's just how things work out there.

Her owner is doing everything by the book, so there is hope.
    There are signs everywhere. It's all over Facebook. She's contacted every shelter and rescue within a reasonable distance.

I guess for now we just need to keep searching.
    There are hundreds of abandoned barns and buildings around her last sighting, and if I were a dog I would head there.

• Like Like x 3
  9. watson123

watson123 Active Member

well thats stinks! i wish i was closer to help look for her, thanks for the update matt. good luck on todays search!

• Like Like x 2
  10. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Hopefully I have some better news today.

• Like Like x 3
  11. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

• Like Like x 1
  12. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Still nothing. I could only put in an hour of my time today. Just thought I should keep you guys posted.

• Like Like x 4
  13. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

Just cross fingers, thanks for the update Matt

• Like Like x 1
  14. Heatherjg

Heatherjg Hot Topics Subscriber

Matt thank you for all of your time and updates.

• Like Like x 1
  15. watson123

watson123 Active Member

thank you for the updates and all the time that you have put into looking for her.

• Like Like x 1
  16. dh8

dh8 Hot Topics Subscriber

Still hoping you have some luck there. I would suggest double checking all the local and somewhat remote craigslist type ads for people wanting to "rehome" their beloved dobi for a fee if you aren't already doing it. I've found in cases like this with purebreds, well meaning people pick them up to keep and tell themselves the owner must be a bad person to let the pet run wild or scammers grab the pet to make a quick $ on BS "rehoming fees to assure the dog gets a good home".

Good luck!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Still no update.

Haven't had time to search today, and it has been awhile since I heard from her owner.

Plan on texting this weekend to see if she turned up, but I am sure I would have gotten a text by now.

18. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

Any updates?

• Like Like x 2
  19. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Sorry but nothing to tell you.

I texted the owner and still no response. I haven't heard anything on KCDRs website either.

At this point if she is still gone she is either dead or someone took her in. Lets hope someone took her in.

Once I get a response I will let you guys know.

I hate not having any sort of resolution to this, I think about this girl every night.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Heatherjg

Heatherjg Hot Topics Subscriber

Thanks for the update Matt, I hope someone took her in.

• Like Like x 1