1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Doberman in NE Kansas running out of time.

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by DocReverto, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Rach

Rach Hot Topics Subscriber

I keep coming back hoping to see some good news...... Anything?

• Like Like x 1
  2. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Unfortunately no. We have driven around all day without a single solid lead.
    I found a set of prints I tracked for an hour or two, led me to a barb wired fence and I found long black dog hair on a barb so these prints weren't hers. We passed out a ton of flyers today, so hopefully someone just has her and doesn't know what to do with her. Thank you for your concern. My heart bleeds just thinking of her being out in those snow storms.

That's a great area to have people looking, and we passed out quite a few flyers over there to. 231 and mission was the last sighting. This is just so tough, because you can figure a big powerful dog can travel an easy 5 miles a day. She has to be slowing down by now though. She has wobblers and a slight bacterial infection on one of her toes. So I'm hoping someone took her in. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner.

Thanks man! I don't think she was a rescue, from the sounds of it the owner reached out to KCDR for help, and it sounds like she is passing the word around like crazy.

I brought my guys for a bit today, but I didn't want to bring the around this girls owner. I felt that may upset her more than necessary. From the sounds of it she is very friendly and will gladly go up to strangers.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Rach

Rach Hot Topics Subscriber

Awe man...:( I do hope someone has her and is just maybe waiting for Monday to start contacting the proper authorities... At least there were loads more people made aware of her in the area... My heart goes out to her owners...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Luvmydoberman

Luvmydoberman Hot Topics Subscriber

My prayers are with y'all and her safe return! Wish I could be there to help! I can't imagine how her owners are feeling.

• Like Like x 1
  5. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Dobie prayers sending her way.

• Like Like x 1
  6. watson123

watson123 Active Member

i hope someone took her in out of the cold, and i really hope her owner finds her.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

Such a sad situation. Thank you for helping out, CRD. I hope they find her safe and sound. Hopefully someone has taken her in and just doesn't realize how much she is missed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Ugh!!! How heartbraking! I was hoping the update to this post was going to be good news! I'll tell my family to keep spreading the news.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Heatherjg

Heatherjg Hot Topics Subscriber

I hope this girl is found safe and returned to her owners.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

I hope she has found a warm home with kind people that will get her back home to her family. Matt I'm sorry you didn't have any success today but your efforts are appreciated by the people here too far away to come join you.

• Like Like x 2
  11. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Thanks for the support everyone.

Just did another round and still nothing.

If she is still outside chances are she is only moving certain parts of the day and my guess would be the warmest part.

It's been a brutal 25 degrees the last few days.

I know dobes don't do well in cold, but it is possible for them to wether it l? I'm wondering how long our dogs could handle the cold like this.

At this point word of mouth will be best. I can search all day and cover barely any ground. I put flyers in almost every mailbox in a five mile radius.

I too hope someone has found her. Wether they took her maliciously or just found her without her collar I just hope she is warm.

• Like Like x 3
  12. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

Matt, years ago I got a call about a Doberman being kept outside in extremely cold temps. They can survive but I just don't know how, I guess the will to live. I'm hoping she's tough and we know she's intelligent because she's a dobe. My thoughts are with her. Please give us updates as I'm sure you will

• Like Like x 4
  13. Deepblue

Deepblue Notable member

Dobies cant stand cold.....

• Like Like x 1
  14. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

I agree with you, for long periods of time but they can survive. I drove up to the peace river area years ago way up in Northern British Columbia because the SPCA wouldn't go that far to help a Doberman chained to a haul of a truck in a field. He had a dear carcass thrown to him for food. The temp was -35c. I got him in my truck and got him out of there and to make a long story short he survived.

I have lived up north for over fifteen years and all my Dobermans run and excersice in the snow that we have for six months out of the year. The only protection they have is wax on their pads. They love the snow, but when weather is colder they have shorter sessions outside. My dogs are inside dogs winter, summer fall.

• Like Like x 4
  15. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

I know they hate the cold for long periods, but it's good to know they can actually survive in it. Gives me hope for this little girl.

My guys must be the odd balls, the cold and snow doesn't phase them one bit.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Judith

Judith Hot Topics Subscriber

was hoping to hear some good news, thanks for helping Matt you know we would all be out there with you if we could, is there not a local radio station you could put it on people do that over here and most people in their cars and trucks are listening, just a thought, my two also love the snow and cold in fact Bella prefers it to the heat, I do hope she gets home

• Like Like x 1
  17. Asteria

Asteria Formerly Luca & Co Hot Topics Subscriber

Did they say if she was microchiped? Of course if no one finds here it does no good, but I'm just wondering.

18. Liberty & Justice

Liberty & Justice Formerly Sophia's Justice Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh horrible situation, I hope you find her today !!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. JatobaDoba

JatobaDoba Notable member

Oh so sad. I hope she is found soon. I agree with them being able to survive the cold. We had a boy rescued by SPCA that had been chained outdoors after his owners divorced... his ears were natural and they had frost bite, but outside of that he was fine. Had a worse time getting over the abuse than the frost bite.
    Our thoughts are with you as you search. Wish we were closer to help.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rosco

Rosco Hot Topics Subscriber

Hope this little girl is found soon!!

• Like Like x 1