1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Doberman in NE Kansas running out of time.

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by DocReverto, Mar 1, 2013.

1. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Well this one is tough. Pretty much my back yard.

[​IMG]

This is Zoey.

She has been lost for 9 days now in northeast Kansas.

She has survived two huge snow storms and is running out of time quick.

She was last seen by her owner at 207th and quivira.

Confirmed sighting in between state line and mission road on 231st street two days ago.

So she is still out there. We are trying to find fresh tracks in the snow so we can track her but so far no luck. I did find a couple day old frozen prints that led to a road. We believe these are hers judging by the paw size, but unfortunately tire tracks eliminated any prints on the road.
    These tracks were also located in between mission and state line on 231st street.

There are three abandoned barns on that road we will be checking tomorrow.

We are meeting up tomorrow at 8am to perform the search.

If anyone is willing to help out in the area for just an hour or two it would be greatly appreciated. She doesn't have a terrible amount of time left.

If no one can help no worries, just keep her and her owner in your prayers.

• Like Like x 13
  2. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

God, that's horrible. I only wish the best for this girl. Hopefully somebody found her and will turn her in to her family. Good luck trying to find her, my thoughts are with her and her family

• Like Like x 4
  3. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Unfortunately this probly isn't the case.

This is out in the country, and a dog running free here is considered normal, and people generally assume the dog isn't lost, and that the owner knows.

Stupid way of thinking but that's how it is here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RobbyDobie

RobbyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

But it is a Doberman! They are not just any ordinary dog or "mutt"!!! Poor baby - I will keep that Dobie in my prayers.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Rach

Rach Hot Topics Subscriber

I would be sick...I'm sick for her owners... I hope she is found safe...

• Like Like x 4
  6. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

How tragic! Where are you meeting up? I have time to dedicate. I know if I were on their end I would appreciate the help. They are in my prayers!!

• Like Like x 3
  7. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

We are meeting up at the gas station right off 199th street at the four way stop. I believe you take left off 69 if your taking it south.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

I think we will be out there all day, do you have my number?

I feel like the barns are very promising. She has to be exhausted and taking shelter by now. All this time without food.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Archer

I think I do in a PM somewhere. I'll PM you if I don't have it. Poor little girl! I agree that the barns are promising. How did you hear about this?

• Like Like x 2
  10. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

That would be awesome, thank you!!!

I saw it on KCDRs Facebook page, so I got in contact with the owner since its so close.

I just keep thinking how I would feel if this were one of mine, and I know she can use the help. That's a lot of ground to cover.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Archer

Agreed... I would want the same for Archer!
    You're so thoughtful, Matt :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. watson123

watson123 Active Member

that's terrible! i really really hope that someone finds her. Good luck on the search!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rach

Rach Hot Topics Subscriber

fingers, toes, and limbs crossed that she is found!

• Like Like x 4
  14. Asteria

Asteria Formerly Luca & Co Hot Topics Subscriber

Aww so sad! Wish I was in the area to help. I can't even imagine my little boy being out there like that!! Good Luck!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Quee

Quee Hot Topics Subscriber

Are you taking your Dobe with you Crow-Ravens Dad? I've found that when we've run into strays, that it helps to have Pippi with me which can reel in the stray. In my experience it's very hard to get close to a stray without a dog present to bridge the gap - especially strays that have been abused by humans. Plus our furry friends can hear and smell out fellow canines much better than we can:) I hope and pray that you find this lost Dobe quickly!

• Like Like x 7
  16. Deepblue

Deepblue Notable member

Got my fingers crossed bro..Keep us updated.....

• Like Like x 2
  17. kaloric

kaloric Notable member

Poor girl, was she just rehomed by the rescue? Could she be trying to get back to her previous home?

Good luck finding her!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Archer

Couldn't find your number :( :( Thought I had it in a PM, but must have deleted it. My parents live close to 200th and Mission Rd and I have informed them. I'm sure by now they have their entire neighborhood on watch :)

• Like Like x 4
  19. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Poor girl and her owners must be frantic :( Best of luck with the search!

• Like Like x 2
  20. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh how scary! Prayers are out for a safe return home.

• Like Like x 2