• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

doberman in animal control

atlas should be comming home this morning :) waiting for morning to settle in and I will call.I get up so freakin early I have to wait for the rest of michigan to roll out of bed :)

LOL...I hear ya on the early bit! We are usually up and at 'em about 5am..radio alarm goes off at 4:30. When I worked at a store, I'd be angry at the people lined up outside the door waiting for us to open......now I'm one of those people!!!! :eek:

Sending you good vibes for Atlas! :)

atlas is home!!!! we have a pocket full of pills and meds to give. he is now relaxing on a dog pillow enjoying a pig ear :)

vets instructions=keep crated! oooo yes I can do that I say! so I decided I needed a nap and to crate atlas. I woke to find my largest crate a crumpled up wad!!!! I managed to bend most of the door back into shape and reattach it :).....there is a pile of fluff from him etting the dog bed also.....the dog bed didnt surprize me but the crumpled pile of dog crate did!

ok so this picture looks mind as I had already reshaped most of the door and reattached it :) but notice the bent bars????? what did he do bite them? none of my dobes have ever fought there way out of a crate lol!!!! try as they might it held. atlas was able to bend the door right out of its hinges . it was almost folded in half!

crate.jpg

ok the note that came with atlas when he was dumped said no other animals! well.....the fools had no idea since atlas seems to be a very good boy with other dogs and he just met the cat and sniffed it once then acted as if it wasnt even laying a foot away from him. he is a sweet boy.

atlas.jpg

How's the little cage wrecker doing today Zoo? He's such a sweetie pie. I hate to think what those meds are doing to him. His former owner should be strung up for letting him get in that condition. Grrrr.

You know how it goes Zoo... any excuse will do when they dump them at the shelter.... he looks really happy!!

atlas is doing ok....some breathing troubles as the worms die :( he sounds like he has asthma weezzing and coughing....keeping him calm.

he spends 98% of everyday and night in my bedroom....his personality is showing more and he is quite a fellow.....he LOVES toys.....doesnt tear them up....but is insistant on carrying one whereever he goes. even to potty he has a toy in his mouth. he gets fustrated at feeding time because he has to put the toy down to eat. I have never seen a dog carry a toy constantly! I kid you not........this dog has a toy in his mouth almost all the time. must be a security thing for him.

Sure sounds like seperation anxiety. He's afraid of losing anything ever again. Poor guy. What he must have been through. Never knowing what was coming next. Glad he has you to take care of him now Zoo.

thats what I say MLR........he makes sure to pack his bag whenever he gets up he grabs all he can carry.poor guy

He must really be traumatized by everything he's been through. At least he's puppy enough that he's liking the toys you've given him. I hope with time he gets it that he won't be going anywhere else in his young life. How sad though that he feels this way. How does he act if you try to take one of his toys away from him? Is he defensive or agressive about it at all? Could he still be having teething issues going on? How is he getting along with the rest of your crew? How's Chance doing? Bring us up to speed please. :)

atlas hasnt met the others.....as it would excite him. he needs to stay mega calm for 4-6 weeks...I have never had a dog challange me over a toy or food....or anything really.I have a very strong leader power over them :)

chnce is doing good....I will post a picture later :)

oh, wow. What a handsom dobe family you've got now. How's the feed bill holding out? I know not funny. My costs doubled by the time Chloe was six months old. They all look very healthy and happy. Zeus and Rox are stunning. Chance and Atlas are so shiney. How do you keep all four of them looking like that? Yes please post more pictures when you get time. They change so fast. I don't want to miss anything. How are the girls? What have you been up to. Still taking classes with Zues? Have you talked Don into coming over? I'm up for that so long as it's a weekend.:)

I agree, what a beautiful Dobe family!! They all look wonderful. I find it touching that Atlas carries the toys everywhere. It's kind a sad, poor guy. I'll bet it's a separation thing too. That's ok, let him have his security blanket! He deserves it! You're doing a wonderful job!

Back