1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

doberman in animal control

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by zoorox, May 27, 2009.

1. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

my rescue pal just sent me a email saying berrien county michigan animal control has a beautiful owner surrender dobe :( I cant have 3 males....someone go spring him!

• Like Like x 1
  2. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

owner surrender male no other animal
    loves kids & people
    house trained
    birth date 1-25-07
    needs shots,
    smiles when he's happy
    loves to chew on stuffed toys

3. FredC

FredC Guest

Ohh Bummer i cant help this time around, I already have two males and i am completly out of room. :(

4. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

I will get him out one way or another :) just he is gonna need a home cuz I am maxed out

5. FredC

FredC Guest

yeah i actually just recieved word today "No more Dogs until i move" grrr

6. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

just got pictures he is a pretty boy I will add his picture in a bit. he is black and rust floppy ears. I am told the pictures dont do him justice he is a big boy. I told my rescue pal to watch him.....she has a adoption day sat. if he isnt out by then I told her to spring him for me.

7. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

ooooooooo and his old owner just snuck in and put him in the outdoor drop off cage with a note in the middle of the night......how nice! poor guy his name is JJ

8. FredC

FredC Guest

Cowards. I will never understand that mentallity. seriously i love my dogs like children i couldnt even imagine doing somthing like that. Really makes me sick.

9. Dobiegirl

Dobiegirl Novitiate

I would have to seriously hurt that person if I ever came face to face with them.....any person that I knew hurt or dummped an animal.......

10. DobieLvr

DobieLvr Novitiate

Zoo - you have a link for this guy?

11. FredC

FredC Guest

I do Admit thou sometimes i wish i could do that to my real kids. (there teenagers) so im sure some of ya know what im saying. lol ;)

12. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

The only thing is, at least he was left at the shelter, right? Better than some other places of heard of. I know this economy can really do a person in and I guess I try and sympathize with that, but for me, I'd rather starve than get rid of my pets. I would have to be in total dire straits and even then,wow, what a heartache. I would try and give him temporarily to a friend/family member. In fact, I thought I read somewhere just recently, about some organization that would do just that....they would temporarily foster your pet while you looked for a job, a place to live etc. You would get the animal back after you got yourself situated. It sounded like a nice plan.

And Von, mine are past teens, but yes, I understand.....;)

13. DobieLvr

DobieLvr Novitiate

The Doberman I had before Ernie - 20 years ago - was left the same way at the Cherryhill Road Animal Shelter near Ann Arbor. The just opened the gate and turned her loose. She was so scared that they had to dart her to catch her. I stopped in looking for a barn cat - saw her and when I was told she was going to be put down because of temperament. . . the battle was on.

I ended up with her - long story but I got her...

14. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

PICTURES OF JJ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

no link because he isnt listed there yet. I have a good conection with a rescue that works with this pound. if anyone wants him I will pull him right away. if not I will wait untill saturday.....as I really dont have the room

15. Dobeman

Dobeman Active Member

We think alike....

16. DoberDon

DoberDon Hot Topics Subscriber

It's probably a good thing it's not legal to put teenagers to sleep! I remember mine whining to me that I treated the dog better than them(when I wouldn't give money/permission/car/etc.) I replied that if the dog snapped and growled at me like they did,the dog would be gone!!

Hey Zoo,is JJ in the county pound by me? I see "no other animals"which rules me out even if we could afford another but if you end up coming to get him please try and schedule enough time to get together with us for lunch/breakfast/dinner or just to meet Shiloh.I'd love to show you our house I've built and ask a few questions about your offgrid setup. Or if there's anything I can help with just let me know! Don

17. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

hi don! yes same pound as chance....I am leaving in around 30 minutes to go pick him up. my friend sprung him yesterday for me. I would LOVE to stop by but I honestly cant today. it is rush rush......my little girls have church today from 9:30 to noon...my plan is to run over 94 at about 80! get the dog and make it back home close to the time my girls get home. my older daughter is going to be here in case I dont make it in time......but she just had a new baby and I dont want to have her stay too long.

but hey! it is only a bit over a hour and I am sure I can come up for a visit!

18. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

also don....just because the idiot owner left a note saying no other animals.....doesnt make it true. I asked my friend how he acted in the pound twords other dogs....he was not growling and having fits....I think he has just never been around others.....or maybe he chases cats and pounces on other small dogs....who knows! but I highly doubt he is small animal agressive. I also will be getting him in for his neuter and that should help take some wind out of his sails :) I will see how he is maybe he is the boy you need to keep your girl company :)

19. MLR

MLR Novitiate

Oh, this would be so cool if this worked out. DoberDon, there's nothing like another dobe to help calm down your first one. Maybe distract her from charging the windows. Not that Chloe hasn't been her own challange but she is improving since starting the OB classes and getting some mommie and me time on her own. They're not so bored inside the house with a friend to wrestle with either.:)

Zoo, you're my hero. :SwinginStar: Wish I could take on another one but you've seen the size of my house. lol.

20. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

well just as I thought he is a sweetie! and very handsome! the car ride home went REALLY well.....just imagine a dobe in my truck with 6 guinea birds in a wire crate....he hardly seemed to notice the birds. he rode in the car very well........got home and we where met by the farm dog beau.......they sniffed with no toroubles :) I will get more pictures in a bit