Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Doberman-chat's first official contest!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by JanS, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Best Banner Contest will run from January 1st to January 31st A winner will be announced February 1st 2009.

Doberman-chat.com as a new Forum needs banners to submit to other sites to gain popularity on the net. This is your opportunity to help us spread the word and have a chance to win a 1.5" 3ply nylon Stillwater Kennel Supply collar in your choice of available colors.

Rules:

*There will only be one winner for this contest although all submissions may be used for future advertising purposes.

* All images must be your own and not be in any copyright violations.

*All entries must be submitted by or before January 24th.

* A community poll will be created for members to vote for the winning banner. This poll will start on January 25 2009 and run until January 31st 2009. And the winner will be officially announced February 1st 2009.

* In the event of a tie, the first place winner will be determined by the doberman-chat.com staff and officially announced by February 2nd.

* By submitting an entry you grant Doberman-chat permission to use your design on other sites, or possibly on merchandise in the Doberman Chat shop.

* The Doberman-chat staff reserves the right to resolve disputes and disqualify entries as they see fit.

* You must be a registered member in order to participate in this contest.

* The Winner must state there color preference of collars and be willing to PM a member of the doberman-chat.com staff there mailing address to receive there prize by mail.

* Entrys are not limited, you may create as many banners as you like to increase your odds of winning.

Here are a couple examples of the aproximate sizes that are required for Banner contest submissions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This link will give you a better understanding of what a banner is and what they are for.
    http://www.1netcentral.com/banner-tutorial.html

Good Luck

[​IMG]

Contest Sponsored by
    doberman-chat.com and Stillwater Kennel Supply

2. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

This is prolly a stupid question but can us APBT owners use a Doberman and an APBT??

This sounds awesome though. I will have to see what I can come up with?? :D

3. deladobies

deladobies Member

[​IMG]

I cant seem to figure out how to put a back ground behind my pictures...ahhhh, but I am computer stupid so that may be why....any ideas... This is my first time...

4. deladobies

deladobies Member

Im going banner crazy... Im like a puppy, I love to learn new tricks....yip eeeee! I even made a banner for my signature.... OMG im such a dork, im sorry, just eaily amused!
    [​IMG]

5. JanS

LOL! Those are all great! I could hardly say you're computer stupid after looking at those.... :)

6. FredC

FredC Guest

Being as the winning Banner will be our official doberman-chat.com Banner i will have to say only dobermans are allowed this time.

I also wanted to add that any body may use pictures from my own gallery if you do not have any of your own to use

But we do have a contest in the works where you can use pitbulls, Dobies Rotts etc etc.

7. JanS

You are welcome to use any of mine too, if you wish. :)

8. sizzledog

sizzledog Notable member

I'm assuming the sample banners posted in the first post are the sizes we're supposed to use, soo... here's my first attempt. I wish I had more "head room", since dobes are tall dogs... but perhaps I'll try a few more times before the contest closes. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Shon

Shon New Member

Nothing fancy, just something quick... I'll try to do a few more later.

By the way... I'm not entering this contest just adding an example.

[​IMG]

10. PNWPBR

PNWPBR New Member

Keep them coming guys!!!!

11. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

dang.........I have no idea how to make a banner lol!

12. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

ok thanks VD and um Jan I think. I may have to borrow pics of your dogs. I am trying to talk the b/f into a Dobie pup sometime maybe this year or next so then I can contribute to the Dobie pics. :D:D I am working on the banner now. Oh wait how do I borrow y'all's pics?? Just right click and "save pic as" to my puter right??

13. JanS

Hey, I like what I'm seeing already! :)

apbtmom, yes the right click and "save as" will work.
    I hope you can get that new pup!

14. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

me too Jan. I will want a red female. Promise I will keep y'all updated. Thanks for letting me borrow y'all's dogs for now. :D

15. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

ok I'm just a r-tard and can't figure this stupid thing out. Now I'm mad and almost to the point of tears cause I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT. I am walking away now. BBL

16. deladobies

deladobies Member

oooh sizzle dog, how did you get the background behind the dogs???
    Hey too all that wanna try I went to mybannermaker.com. And if I can do it, anyone can...trust me!

17. deladobies

deladobies Member

I hope that we could all use your pics... what do you think about this one?? I need to learn how to touch up the dogs

[​IMG]

18. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

see that is awesome looking. I am seriously in tears over this cause I can't figure it out. Will leave it up to the people who are better equipped to do so. I love them all though. Kepp up the good work. :D

19. sizzledog

sizzledog Notable member

dela, I used Photoshop. :)

20. JanS

Looks good Deladobies!
    Yes, anyone is welcome to use any of my pics if you think they'll work for your design.
    Here is the link to my Webshots album if that's easier. The pics there are a bit bigger than they are here, so it may make it easier to work with.
    [​IMG]

I use Photoshop for my personal banners too. You can easily start with a merge and build from there. I think certain paint shop programs will allow you to do many of those things too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.