Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Doberman Chat's 2016 calendar contest - stay tuned

Discussion in 'Contests' started by JanS, Aug 19, 2015.

1. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'll be getting them up very soon so keep snapping those photos and set them aside so you have them when you want them. :)

2. Gretchen_Red

Gretchen_Red Hot Topics Subscriber

Can someone help me? I want to post some but I have tried right clicking on the pictures, bringing them up as different files... but I can't get the size to pull up.

3. JanS

I don't have the contests open yet, but when I announce it, I will start a separate submission thread for each category and that's where you need to post them.

Here are some of the guidelines from last years contest.
    Announcing Doberman-chat's 2015 Calendar Contest!

4. Gretchen_Red

Didn't you post about this a while back and the pictures have to be a certain size? I tried everything and couldn't bring the size up to see and change it. :(

5. JanS

Yes, they have to be landscape rather than portrait for them to work.
    [​IMG]

The size I need is 2400 X 1800. If I go in my photo folders, all I have to do is hover over a thumbnail and it will tell you the size. You have to open it in a photo program to actually change the size though.
    If you don't have a photo program to do it, there is a free online resizer here. Free Online Picture Resizer - Crop and Resize photos, images, or pictures online for FREE!

6. Gretchen_Red

Mine just says 113kb is all?

7. Gretchen_Red

I opened in a picture app an it says 640 x 480 pixels is that the same thing? So I would need to up it?

8. Gretchen_Red

I think I have it now! Thanks Jan! Yay! I was going to be so sad if I couldn't turn in a picture for the contests!

• Like Like x 1
  9. JanS

Wow, that's all they get saved at? Do you have the resolution turned way down on your camera or are you resizing them otherwise? Mine straight off the camera are something like 4000 X 6000, then I size them down from there, but like I said they need to be at least 1800 X 2400. Sizing them up doesn't generally work well at all and makes the quality pretty bad.

10. Gretchen_Red

No I resized them when I emailed them

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Gretchen_Red

It just asked for small, medium or large versions though.

12. jonutz

jonutz Novitiate

• Like Like x 1