Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Doberman and Xolo question

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by mshipway, Jul 10, 2020.

1. mshipway

mshipway Jr Member

Hello
    I have a 2 year old intact Male Dobe. I did a tonne of training with him and he is a good pet.
    We wanted to get him a dog sibling, he has 2 cats he is friends with.
    We have someone who wants us to own their Stud Xolo( standard size 45 lbs ish
    I have a feeling I know the response, but both being intact is going to cause me issues or not.
    I would describe Argo my dobe as friendly and hasn't ever really shown any dog dog aggression. He likes to bug other dogs a bit but I would call it slightly rough play.

Thoughts?

2. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

I wouldn’t do it. But if you’re up the challenge and the possibility of crate and rotating them for their life’s.

I’d suggest getting a female.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. CRDobe

CRDobe Notable member

Nope.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. mshipway

mshipway Jr Member

Yes and with my research, will not do.
    Thanks

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  5. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Yea, I wouldn't.

6. Logan 45

Logan 45 $ Premium Subscriber $ $ Forum Donor $

I have a male Doberman and male basset hound. Both are cut though and obviously basset hounds don’t particularly care about much or have much drive to be alpha. I haven’t experienced it first hand but all my research on the topic says two intact males = lots of ongoing issues.

7. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I personally would never risk having two males in the same house since I don't want the possibility of having to crate and rotate for live.

I had never heard of the breed but they are cute.
    Xoloitzcuintli Dog Breed Information