Diva has been practicing...

Panama

Hot Topics Subscriber
We got rid of the pool noodles on the make shift weave poles and pushed them deeper in the ground to make them stiffer so she couldn't just blast through them.
(this was 8am, so please ignore the spiffy attire)

So cute! Bow is one of Rubie's favorites, too!

Are you planning on competing in agility? or just using them as a mental stimulant?

Are you planning on competing in agility? or just using them as a mental stimulant?
I don't have the stamina for agility. I had to find some kind of outlet for Diva before she drove me completely bonkers. I started with very basic obedience, but it just wasn't enough for her. So off to youtube I went. Learned how to teach her a few tricks, then found out we could do Trick Dog via video verification. She loves it.... we work on 2 or 3 things, then play time, then back to practicing a little, play time... Since then, she is such a different dog.

The only problem I noticed was my concern about her weight. As much as she loves to work for a treat (and how much my husband hates to cut her meals by 1/2 a handful), I had to find the right treats.

Carrots (cut into 1/4 rounds so she doesn't choke) & fresh green beans along with the occasional boiled chicken.

I don't have the stamina for agility. I had to find some kind of outlet for Diva before she drove me completely bonkers. I started with very basic obedience, but it just wasn't enough for her. So off to youtube I went. Learned how to teach her a few tricks, then found out we could do Trick Dog via video verification. She loves it.... we work on 2 or 3 things, then play time, then back to practicing a little, play time... Since then, she is such a different dog.

The only problem I noticed was my concern about her weight. As much as she loves to work for a treat (and how much my husband hates to cut her meals by 1/2 a handful), I had to find the right treats.

Carrots (cut into 1/4 rounds so she doesn't choke) & fresh green beans along with the occasional boiled chicken.

I mean, I've seen some folks barely leave the center of the ring when they're "running" their dog but I can't even begin to think how long it took them to teach that amount of distance and independence :pullhair:

Have you tried the hind feel up a wall, yet?!

Diva is an official Trick Geek

Geek.jpg

So, since all this virus crap.... she has racked up IGT1 (ICE), TG (UK) & AKC titles: TKN, TKI & waiting for video verification form for TKA.

Congratulations Diva! Well deserved!

Wow... Diva and I have been busy with all this trick training for the last month. Yesterday, Diva's AKC Trick Dog Performer title was officially recorded. It will probably be 2 wks before she receives her certificate. So, she's completed Novice, Intermediate, Advance and now Performer. I am so proud of this little girl. She learns this stuff so quick.

There is one more level, Elite Performer. That one will have to wait, as we do have to "perform" in front of at least 5 or 6 people. We need a little more proofing before we do that!

We have also done a few more things with that UK based group.....
1.jpg

Back