Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Difficulty determining coat colour.

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by NZamateur, Aug 17, 2019.

1. NZamateur

NZamateur Novitiate

Has anyone had newborn puppies and had one littermate look slightly lighter coloured, yet not been able to determine if it's genuinely a red or just your eyes tricking you over and over? I imagine I'll be able to tell as they get older, as they're only 3 days old but just wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

Attached Files:

2. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

In your picture, I see 9 black/rust pups. Can you post a picture of the one you're referring to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CRDobe

CRDobe Notable member

They also all look black/rust to me, I don't see a rd.

4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Lighting can make all the difference. Especially in a picture. Maybe the second from the left on mom? The one under the third one's arm?

5. NZamateur

NZamateur Novitiate

Yeah that's the one I'm unsure about. and the lighting definitely is what makes it difficult as when they're all facing towards the light the shininess makes them all look lighter coloured, but I do think the one in question stands out slightly.

Attached Files: