• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Diarrhea Problems at random please help!

So any advice would be appreciated!
Here’s what I HAVE done;
Heinrich has been to the vet, $300 dollars later vet still had no clue.
We did the fecal,
Physical,
Parasite check. He came back negative for anything they could check for.
So they gave him some pills to help with his diarrhea. However I don’t want a bandaid I want to fix my dobie.
I was raised with Dobes and never before seen this prob. He is super super sensitive.
I switched his dog food SEVERAL times to the foods that people have
Claimed to be the best of the best! Currently we went with (wholesome whitefish) from tractor supply.
I know something is Really wrong cause his chin is lightly broken out and he has 2 very small starts of hot spot looking patches.

Before starting new food I thought I would come here. Also I can’t afford another $300 vet bill just to have them say they have no idea 😣

If it got that serious and exasperating with me, I would cut all of it out.

I would only feed boiled chicken and rice with teaspoon of canned pumpkin and a good probiotic. I would do this until I saw a difference and slowly move back into a good kibble.

I would absolutely make sure he is not eating anything else inside or outside. I say that because mine are famous for getting diarrhea if they eat cat poop in the flower beds and goose poop in the yard.

I would only feed boiled chicken and rice with teaspoon of canned pumpkin and a good probiotic. I would do this until I saw a difference and slowly move back into a good kibble.
I was going to suggest that too. How old is he? Sometimes when they're young they have very sensitive tummies and outgrow it with age.

I see the whitefish recipe has potatoes pretty high on the list and that didn't agree with our prior dogs at all, for whatever reason, unless it's the starch.

Bailey went through a random bout of the lose stool for 2 weeks just recently, we could not figure out what was causing it. the rice/chicken/pumkin diet worked for 3 days, but soon as we go back to his usual food he started again with the lose stool. what eventually worked for us is I reduced his intake, and started to feed him via Kong/bottle, it now takes him 10 mins to eat instead of the 5 seconds ... his stool is now back to normal and I have put him back to his usual amount. He only eats via the bottle now, and the house is very noisy at meal times....

I am sorry to hear this.

Can you update us on his condition and what his food intake is again? What kind of food and treats does he eat?

Back