1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

DCM database

Discussion in 'Doberman Health and News Articles' started by Gretchen_Red, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Gretchen_Red

Gretchen_Red Hot Topics Subscriber

Sorry all, it's been a long time since I've posted here.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] A friend and myself are creating a database that we hope will help potential buyers, breeders and maybe one day scientific research as well. We started this about a month ago and we're already at over 1800 names. If you have a registered dobe that's diagnosed with DCM or has died from DCM will you please post their registered name or private message me? The more names we have the better. If you know of someone on here that has had a dobe pass from DCM would you please reach out to them? Older pedigrees are just as important as newer ones.

If your registered dog isn't in dobequest could you please send DOB, DOD, official cause of death, and sire and dam's registered name, if you have the sire and dam of the sire and dam that would be helpful as well.

I tried to upload the file but it won't accept excel and the PDF was far larger than the allowed amount. If you would like to see it please PM me your email address and I can email it to you. If some knows a way for it to be loaded I can email it to you.

If you are in the Dobermann DCM, Doberman Health and stats, or Doberman owners group you may have already given my your information, my name is Karen Miller.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm sorry...who are you? LOL ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Gretchen_Red

Oh you wouldn't know me I'm sure. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Gretchen_Red

Just bumping this up so that hopefully people see it. If you know of someone on this site that has lost a registered dog to DCM please reach out to them to reach out to me! Let's fight this disease!

• Like Like x 1
  5. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I think it's a great idea and perhaps people who have lost a dog to this horrible disease will chime in.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  6. Gretchen_Red

I truly hope so!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Drogon

Drogon Hot Topics Subscriber

I know a girl who's dobe recently died of DCM. I'll see if I can get the info for you.
    There's also a FB page www.facebook.com/Dobermann.and.DCM. Maybe you can get more exposure by posting there.
    There's the Dobermann DCM Genetest-Project (DCM-Gene-Test Project founded by the TiHo Hannover) but that seems to still be limited to EU.
    University of Guelph has done a great deal of research on DCM in Dobermanns maybe you can coordinate with them.
    I see someone started a list years ago but didn't keep up with it it appears because when I click the link the domain has expired.
    Listing of of dead and diseased DCM Dobermans, dilated cardiomyopathy,

• Like Like x 3
  8. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I lost my boy to DCM. I don't know a whole lot about him.
    What I do know...
    He was purchased by a breeder to help her program. However he did not mature into what she was hoping for so she sold him. That home turned out not to be a good place for him. I gladly took him and promptly fell in love with the breed.
    His registered name was Ravensloft Red Hot Vindicator, call name Chaos. He was whelped August 30, 2003 and crossed the bridge March 6, 2010.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Gretchen_Red

Thanks, I went to that link but it appears the list is gone :(

10. Gretchen_Red

Thank you this was some very interesting information. I found his pedigree if you're interested.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Sure, you can post it here in case someone has a related dog or pm me. I don't care.
    I did contact the breeder that owned him for his first 18 months or so. I think I saw a copy of it but can't remember for sure.

12. Gretchen_Red

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. jbaskin09

jbaskin09 Novitiate

14. jbaskin09

jbaskin09 Novitiate

My doberman passed from DCM. It was about a year ago. I"m frantically searching the info on the breeder so I can give you his name. I bought him 8 years ago. Also, I'm having trouble viewing that document, is there any way I can get a clearer view of it? I"m searching now for another breeder, for my next doberman and I'd love to reference this list first. I think it's genius that you put it together!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  15. Drogon

Drogon Hot Topics Subscriber

If you are on FaceBook there's a good page www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=dobermann%20dcm%20%26%20more%3A%20uncensored (dobermann dcm & more: uncensored). A woman named Silvia Champion has done a great deal of work creating a database, researching pedigrees, contacting different web sites to have them update their cause of death (COD).
    I haven't seen Gretchen around in months

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

@jbaskin09
    From the feedback I saw on FB, the DCM database that Gretchen was working on did not seem to be publicly accepted. I imagine she is no longer adding to it because of that.

17. jbaskin09

jbaskin09 Novitiate

Darn. I was hopeful that this would be an ongoing document. thanks for the reply!!