Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

DCF's 2010 calendar contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by JanS, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Announcing Doberman-chat’s 2010 calendar contest

Even though 2010 seems a long way off, we want to begin taking photo submissions now so everyone has plenty of time to get their perfect shots in.

This year we are going to have 3 categories/different calendars, which will consist of the following:

*All puppies (we have plenty this year) and even if you have cute photos of your adult
    when he/she was a pup you are welcome to submit them. Pups must be under the age of 12 months in the photo.
    Post entries in this thread - Puppies

*Dobe’s in general. Anything that’s scenic, playful, working, etc. would make for a nice calendar page.
    Post entries in this thread - All Dobe's

*All breeds. We are also going to do one page of an eye merge, so if you have any cool eye shots feel free to submit them as well.
    Post entries in this thread - All breeds

This entire calendar contest is sponsored by Zen Red Doberman. [​IMG] Thank you so much for your generous prize donations!

The first place winner in the "General Doberman" calendar contest will receive a fine leather travel pack.

The first place winner in the "Puppy" calendar contest will receive a fine leather treat/bait pouch.

The first place winner in the "All Breeds" calendar contest will win a nice Zen Red Doberman shirt.

Rules:

*There will only be one winner in each category for this contest although all submissions may be used for future advertising purposes.

* All images must be your own and not be in any copyright violations.

* Each member can enter up to 2 photos per dog in each of the 3 categories (maximum of 6 per dog), providing they meet the guidelines.

*All entries must be submitted by October 31, 2009.

* A community poll will be created for members to vote for the winning submissions in each category. This poll will start on November 1, 2009 and run through November 15, 2009. The winner will be officially announced November 16, 2009.

* In the event of a tie, the first place winner will be determined by the doberman-chat.com staff and officially announced by November 20, 2009.

* By submitting an entry you grant Doberman-chat permission to use your material as a reference in other areas of the board and on DCF merchandise.

* Photos should be clear, high resolution images in order for them to be used for the calendar (*see note below). They will need to be sized down for posting in the contest thread, but the original larger images need to be available.
    *Please note that the photos need to be at least 2400 x 1800 in order to be used as a full sized photo on the calendar, so it’s best to have the full sized image saved on your computer. If the photos do not meet this guideline, they may have to be used in a merge rather than a full sized page, if applicable.

* The Doberman-chat staff reserves the right to resolve disputes and disqualify entries as they see fit.

* You must be a registered member with at least 20 posts (no padding) in order to participate in this contest.

* The Winner must be willing to PM a member of the doberman-chat.com staff their mailing address to receive there prize by mail.

*DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES HERE – there will be a special thread for each category.

*You may however ask questions and post comments in this thread rather than in the photo submission threads.

Get those cameras out and good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

One page is reserved for the eye collage correct? Does each picture for each catagory need to be sent seperately?

3. JanS

Yes, the eye merge will be in the all breed calendar.

I have separate threads started for each category to submit your photos.

I forgot to add it to the rules (will do it now), but each person can enter up to 2 photos per dog, in each category.

4. jeoestreich

jeoestreich Notable member

With the puppies, does the puppy have to be a dobie?

5. JanS

Nope, it can be any breed Jeo. :)

6. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

ahhh ok I thought the puppy calendar was strictly for Dobes. Ok cool beans :D

7. deladobies

deladobies Member

This year lets try to focus on the backgrounds as well as the dogs.. We all know that senery makes a great photo. If anyone has an awesome pic with a not so awesome backgound lets see what we can do to enhance your photo and make it look amazing....

8. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

I think the background should be left as is (un-enhanced/unaltered).

9. dobiemom

dobiemom Notable member

For the eye collage, do you want the pics cropped to show only the eyes or do you want close up face shots?
    I am just asking because I have a great one of Trinity but you can only see the one eye so it would look silly cropped.

I don't see an eye category so I assume since it is part of the all breed category, we should post them there and then we are allowed two pics per dog for the eyes on top of the 2 pics for the all breed category, right?:confused:

10. JanS

Good question dobiemom. You can leave them as head shots if you want and they can be worked in.

For the eye pics, you can just submit them to the all breed one, and title it "eye shot" and each person can have 2 eye shots per dog in addition to the other entries in the category.

11. DobieLvr

DobieLvr Novitiate

Where do we submit the pictures?? Did I miss that post?

12. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

it's below this one jst. :D

13. dobiemom

dobiemom Notable member

Thanks very much Jan! :)

14. deladobies

deladobies Member

Agreed Panama, so this year lets just try to get photos that are all together great representations of the breed, background and all...

Also as I had a litter of 10 pups, I hope that it is alright to have a few extra photos as they all have their good points in the pictures.. I did try to get those that were either all the pups or just the females or visa versa... If not I understand and will minimize the amount of pictures.

15. JanS

A couple calendar contest notes

Just a couple additional notes on the calendar contest.

1. You may have 2 photos of each dog eligible in each category (all puppies, all breeds and all Dobes), but you are welcome to submit more and let me know which 2 you would like to be eligible for the prize/s.

2. If you have a high enough resolution photo, we can also make you one of the 12 month wall calendars with your personal dogs photo on it, and it costs less than $5.. Here is one example.
    Calendar Print > Doberman Chat forums online store

And of course the full set of rules can be seen here:
    DCF's 2010 calendar contest - Doberman Chat Forum

So, lets keep those great shots coming in before the deadline, which is only a couple months away. :)

16. RedChrissy

RedChrissy Jr Member

Has this calander been made already?

17. FredC

FredC Guest

Nope we are still accepting submissions for the 2010 calander

18. RedChrissy

RedChrissy Jr Member

K, juuuust checking :)

19. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

I'm lost now LMAO:confused:

20. iceman

iceman Active Member

How many photos will be on the calendar?
    Will it have 12 pages (one for each month/dog) or just one for the lot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.