1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

DCF Meet Molly

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by DocReverto, Apr 29, 2013.

1. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow, I had a lot to catch up on here!! What wonderful successes you've had, Matt! I could hug you right now!!! :blush: My heart is bursting with all this good news!!!! Thank you so much for all you do with these wonderful animals!

• Like Like x 2
  2. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

I have a bad update for tonight.

Molly jumped the fence at her new owners house tonight and got lost.

Luckily she was found and brought back quickly.

KCDR is putting her back in rescue due to the new owners fence not being enough for Molly.
    I never met these people so no idea on the size of the fence.

Soooo not really sure what that means for her now, but she's going to need another foster at least temporarily. Not a dire situation at this point, but still more headache then anyone wants right now.

So if anyone's interested let me know.

What's important is that she's safe. Just safe and a big pain in the ass lol.

• Like Like x 4
  3. watson123

watson123 Active Member

that is too bad that it didn't work out for molly at the new owners.:(
    i don't know of anyone that i know off the top of my head but there might be someone on DC that could handle her.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Thanks Watson.

She is going to temporary foster care for two weeks. After that its still a mystery.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

That is not good. Did they know she was a fence hopper???? If so then they should have been instructed on how to stay with her til she knew her home and got comfortable. Did the people surrender her because of it??? Why don't people want to work through a problem???

• Like Like x 2
  6. Heatherjg

Heatherjg Hot Topics Subscriber

So sorry to hear that she is back at KCDR :(
    Love the picture of Molly and Crow...super sweet. I hope Molly can find her forever home.

• Like Like x 3
  7. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

No information came with her being a fence hopper. She was allowed to run freely around the neighborhood before. She also did very well at my house, but I have a 6 ft privacy fence.

I don't think the new owner is surrendering her. I think KCDR is going to try to place them with a dog that is less of a flight risk, that can handle a shorter fence. They are definitely sad about the situation. So am I.

I am definitely lacking info right now, as I never met these people. But I am working on it. Should know more soon.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dobs4ever

This is one reason I strongly believe in crate training and having a fence. Dogs that are always free if circumstances change they can't handle it and they just want out at any cost. Dogs that are trained and worked with don't have this problem. Sadly sounds like she never had a chance to really bond with people just run wild. Hope they find her a good home and i am sure it scared the new owners to death when she got loose.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wasn't she the girl with the homeless owner? Makes sense she's a romer then. Poor thing. Does she have any vices? I'll ask Nathan.

10. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Yes she was. Im also not surprised she is trying to escape.

She has a few vices, but no need to ask him at this point. Ill keep you posted, but right now it looks good.

Good news.

KCDR talked with the owner, and it looks like they will be able to keep Molly, but not before making some modifications to the low areas on their fence.
    So for now that's a good sign. They also mentioned needing some training, so we will see if the call on me for help.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Dobs4ever

Sounds like a plan!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Archer

Awesome! Fantastic news. Hope it works out for her!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Heatherjg

Great news!! CRD nice profile pic :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Archer

Hilarious! I bet there's a funny story behind it.

15. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Whew, I hadn't caught up on this thread until I saw the part about her jumping the fence. I'm glad it seems to be working out now! I was going to say, if it were me I'd be right out there doing what it took to fix the fence so there wasn't a risk again, with her or any other dog.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

That's me very young with my first dog "lovey"

Wen I was that little I use to sleep in the cage with lovey. She was my baby, I miss her so much.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Heatherjg

That's me very young with my first dog "lovey"

Wen I was that little I use to sleep in the cage with lovey. She was my baby, I miss her so much.

Very sweet picture

• Like Like x 1