1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

DCF Meet Amber

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by DocReverto, May 30, 2013.

1. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Go figure I get a rescue dog that has the same name as my girlfriend.

That should be wonderfuly amusing haha.

Im creating this thread a little early, but Amber is on her way to the KCDR presidents house right now.
    She will be staying there tonight so she can be evaluated a little bit.
    Then tomorrow evening she is coming home to me for a little while!

Don't know much more then that right now, but I do have a picture of this sweet red girl, and I will update once she comes to my house.

2013-05-27_12.54.55.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  2. Heatherjg

Heatherjg Hot Topics Subscriber

LOL I was thinking the same thing. When I saw the title, I thought maybe you were posting a picture of your girlfriend.

Thanks for taking this beautiful girl in. The work you do is amazing.

• Like Like x 4
  3. watson123

watson123 Active Member

oh she looks like a very sweet girl! can't wait to see more pictures of her!

• Like Like x 4
  4. BradysMom

BradysMom Hot Topics Subscriber

awww what a sweet girl :D I wish I had a big o'l yard and rescue like u

• Like Like x 3
  5. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh what a beautiful girl and how great of you to have room in your heart and home to bring these beauties in until they can find forever homes. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 5
  6. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

Amber 1 and Amber 2 or you could go with Amber and A!! Make sure the GF stays #1

• Like Like x 6
  7. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

I can just call girlfriend amber BooBoos.
    She seems to like that one lol.

This is definitely going to be fun having both of them respond to me.

• Like Like x 3
  8. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

LOL! "Amber knock it off", "Amber go lay down", "Amber sit", "Amber do you have to go potty?"... :D

• Like Like x 7
  9. Judith

Judith Hot Topics Subscriber

oh Matt she looks such a sweet natured girl, you are one in a million she is one lucky girl I hope she find the perfect forever home

• Like Like x 3
  10. Asteria

Asteria Formerly Luca & Co Hot Topics Subscriber

Yay!! Can't wait to see her settled in with your other kids...and girlfriend :D

• Like Like x 4
  11. Luvmydoberman

Luvmydoberman Hot Topics Subscriber

She's beautiful. What a great job you're doing. I would have even more of a houseful than I do now. I would be such a foster failure! I love the look of her coat. Is someone surrendering her? She looks to be in too good a shape to come from a shelter.:)

• Like Like x 4
  12. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

Amazed by her coat, very nice for a rescue. Should be funny with the same name. Hope the girlfriend doesn't take offense.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

You have indeed earned your wings, friend! Kudos to you for all you do.

Welcome Amber! You're headed to a wonderful foster home. What a sweet face.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Tasha & Boris' Mom

Tasha & Boris' Mom Hot Topics Subscriber

She is a doll!!!! cant wait to see her running with your other babies, smiling and being comfortable - You have such a good heart Matt

• Like Like x 4
  15. Judith

Judith Hot Topics Subscriber

ha ha on a more positive note you might be able to get away with a lot more like Amber stay, Amber quiet, Amber get to bed :rofl:

• Like Like x 5
  16. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

You are amazing, Matt and she looks incredible in that pic!

As for Amber #1 (and as D4E says, she better always be #1! lol) you can always call the dog Amber and Amber #1 could be all the pet names you might have for her.......Sweetheart, Honey, Baby, etc.

LOL And the worst..........."Amber, you're a Bad Girl!" :blush: :spit:

Oh yea, this is gonna be fun! In more ways than one! ;)

• Like Like x 5
  17. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Thanks everyone!

She is an owner surrender.
    The husband got a divorce and was left with dogs he didn't want.

There is a lot more to it, but I'll just leave it at this man was a very irresponsible owner.
    I don't want to get all upset again this morning.

She is a little shy and nervous at first, so some transition into meeting my two will be a must.

We pick her up tonight, and then the confusion begins haha!!

• Like Like x 8
  18. SandyinKS

SandyinKS Notable member

She looks like a winner. Can't wait to see photos of her and the crew together!

• Like Like x 6
  19. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

How's it going with her?

• Like Like x 3
  20. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

She is doing excellent!
    By far a better first night than Molly, and Jala combined.

She was really nervous to meet me and girlfriend Amber at first, so I was worried it would be a long transition to get comfortable with me and C & R.
    Not to mention she came with the understanding that cats were a no go.

She took meeting my two fabulously even with Raven trying to hump her brains out.
    Her and Raven have really hit it off. She is wiggling her tail non stop and is following me everywhere.

Not to mention, she is better than my two with my cat, and really doesn't care about her.

No possession issues or anything, she is just perfect.

Not even ten minutes ago they were all munching on some raw bones within 3 feet of eachother.

I even let her sleep in the bedroom last night, fearing she would get a little likely. She did fantastic with that and slept on a crate pad next to my side of the bed all night.

So refreshing after having Molly. Molly was a little pain in the ass, but Amber is such a sweetheart.

Maybe it has to do with the name? Lol

• Like Like x 8