Dallas Mayer Strips Vick of Keys to the City!

TrinityDobes

Novitiate
I love it when Madame Karma comes calling *LOL*

Dallas mayor strips Vick of keys to city

Tuesday, Feb 08, 2011

The outrage sparked yesterday by a video posted by a man identifying himself as Richard Hunter sent shockwaves to the City of Dallas. Mayor Tom Leppert is now stating Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway didn't have the power to give away the keys to the city

From FoxPhilly:

This weekend, a top Dallas official gave the Philadelphia Eagles' Michael Vick the key to his city. On Monday, the city's mayor demanded the key back from Vick.​

"The action taken was not sanctioned by my office and was not an official ceremonial honor on behalf of the City of Dallas," he said in a statement. "Official Keys to the City are presented by the Mayor, or an elected official designated by the Mayor, and reserved, on a limited basis, for an elected official of international status. Clearly, this was not the case in this situation and done without my knowledge or approval."​

A local radio reporter, who adopted one of Vick's dogs, filmed the event and posted the video on You Tube.​

Leppert said he wants to make sure an incident like that doesn't happen again.​

"Given these circumstances I have requested the City Manager propose guidelines to prevent this situation in the future."​

Of course,the video taken at the key ceremony also let us dog owners judge really how far Vick's rehabilitation has come. It let us see his reaction to hard hitting honest questions about his dogs.

WooooooooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooooo! HAhahahahahhahahahahaha!

This weekend, a top Dallas official gave the Philadelphia Eagles' Michael Vick the key to his city. On Monday, the city's mayor demanded the key back from Vick.​

"The action taken was not sanctioned by my office and was not an official ceremonial honor on behalf of the City of Dallas," he said in a statement. "Official Keys to the City are presented by the Mayor, or an elected official designated by the Mayor, and reserved, on a limited basis, for an elected official of international status. Clearly, this was not the case in this situation and done without my knowledge or approval."​

But wait a minute...........What does this mean^^^^ It almost sounds like the mayor is just mad that it wasn't 'sanctioned' by his office. NOT that Vick didn't deserve it! I wish it have mentioned something about that! But at least TX doesn't have to change their locks! And it should be rather embarrassing to Vick.:thumbdown::machinegun:

:thumbsup:
Not to get off topic, but you girls sure like to use that gatling gun!!

Ahhh...nothing beats the smell of a red hot gatling gun in the morning. :) :machinegun:

But seriously, it is great news that the key was ripped out of his hands!! :dance::gun:
Makes you wonder why it was presented to him in the first place.

*ahhhhhhhhhh* Justice is sweet. But MB, I think of it like this: IF the Mayor actually said something along the lines of MV is a turd and doesnt deserve it, it would probably create alot of backlash. SO IF he makes the decision along the lines of " it wasn't sanctioned" it puts an end to it clearly and without causing an even bigger uproar.

I think they(city council ) saw that video and though " OMG, we better back off and get out of the line of fire"

I think its great, lmao how humiliating to have a little ceremony giving you something and the next day someone calls and says " cough it up bud" :poop::poop::bag::moon::devil:

* But MB, I think of it like this: IF the Mayor actually said something along the lines of MV is a turd and doesnt deserve it, it would probably create alot of backlash. SO IF he makes the decision along the lines of " it wasn't sanctioned" it puts an end to it clearly and without causing an even bigger uproar.
Oh, I know that's why they did it that way, and I'm glad to have them stripped either way, but it just shows what a weenie they are that they can't point out the truth. :nono:

I know this is way off topic but Trinity Dobes, I looked at your website and just awestruck with the astounding beauty of the dogs, and with just about everything I learned there.

If you ever get the chance to be on a Federal Grand Jury, do it. I tried to get out of it, but I'm glad I didn't. It was only 3 days per month for a year and a half. I can't tell you when or where, but I can tell you the F B and I do their job. Talk about corruption in our cities! Well I can't tell ya, but Dallas and New Orleans, whew!! Ok, that's it, I have to stop now or I will have to :machinegun:................... :dontpanic:

Back