Critters and wildlife in your area - post your pics

MyBuddy

Hot Topics Subscriber
All the colorful birds are back! The rose-breasted grosbeak and the Baltimore Oriol. Up to 6 at a time with the Oriols!
20220502_090328.jpg

The Oriol taking a drink out of our rain gauge!

20220502_103952.jpg
Not pictured but at the feeders that I've seen is the Indigo Bunting! Such a pretty bird in all blue. ❤

MyBuddy

Hot Topics Subscriber
Millie! It's a baby!! :facepalm: :nono: Oh, well. I remember Kali getting one a couple years ago. Darn things shouldn't leave the nest until they can fly good!! 😁

MyBuddy

Hot Topics Subscriber
So, yesterday afternoon I was walking into my barn and down the steps when I glanced down thought I saw a rope on the step. Like this one.
20220514_084230.jpg
My first thought was, who left that on the steps? :tap:

And then I turned around and glanced back at it and thought, OH. It's a snake!
VideoCapture_20220514-073457.jpg

As I went to grab my Nifty snake catcher, he started to slither off the steps behind a pallet. I thought I kind of lost him but he came right back out and after several attempts, I got a hold of him. He was fast! And I'm always trying not to hurt them so I was trying to be gentle! LOL He kept wanting to go back under the pallet so I gently stepped on the end of his tail to keep him from leaving. Then I was able to grab him closer to the neck with my little catcher. All this while I was taking a video! LOL
20220513_155636.jpg
My Barn was all closed up so here I am, one hand on my phone, one hand holding his neck and one foot gently on his tail. I finally had to put my phone down on the ground and call my husband who was right out front but far enough that he would never hear me. I said, come help me. I have a snake. I need you to open the door. He finally arrived and I carried the snake out to the woods and let him go.
20220513_155427_1.gif
20220513_155653.jpg
20220513_155656.jpg

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
7 years here and 7 years these phoebes (flycatcher family) have nested on the front porch.
That's exactly where Phoebe got her name. We used to have a ton of them here constantly saying "phoebe, phoebe" but wouldn't you know now that Phoebe is here I'm only hearing them at the airport. LOL