Crate Size

RexsMom

Notable member
Hello everyone!
When I first got Rex, I used my sister’s husky’s old crate. Although he’s now 7 and a half months & growing out of it. I’m thinking of just biting the bullet & buying the biggest crate out there which is 55Lx37Wx45H. It’s mainly meant for mastiffs and such, but Rex sleeps in his crate at night still & want him to be comfortable. I just also note he is a Euro.
Which size crate do you use for your Dobie?

That's probably almost too big, I think. We use the Midwest 42" and while Rubie is petite, it's more than enough room and a gosh darn PITA to lug around when we travel. She could probably fit in a 30" because she's just a tiny little doberball when she sleeps :D

My foldable crate is 30 x 25. My 90 lb previous boy used it and now my 60 lb girl, but for both, only when we travelled, not for extended periods of time. Never had an issue.

I have considered getting Rocky a taller crate. He likes to stand in his and smashes his ears against the ceiling. Here is a pick of him at 10 months next to his XL crate that measures 32" tall.
20181122_092235.jpg

Im unsure of the "smaller" size create which we used before but the 54" one we just got on chewy is massive Haha

I'm guessing this is the one you are thinking of 20190108_174911.jpg 20190108_174705.jpg getting so this is for size comparison. We bought it on chewy for $99. You would definitely need the space in the house and it's no piece of cake to just break down and move.

That being said our 6 month old 70lb boy loves it! When he had a cone on he kept hitting it in the smaller crate.

Lol, I thought our crate was enormous! While I sometimes think it is needlessly large, I’m happy we got it for him. Had to do a double-take on the time stamp of this pic - Kaiser is only 6 months old here!

D4BDAEB9-C59B-4AF1-947D-A55D2CEF6077.jpeg

D3A468A3-9F73-4F2C-90CF-3DE94AE3B0B4.jpeg

Back