Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Coconut oil for Dogs

Discussion in 'Canine News/Informative Articles' started by Judith, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Luvmydoberman

Luvmydoberman Hot Topics Subscriber

We don't have a Costco any where nearby. Whole Foods is probably my best bet. Or maybe a GNC or some place with that sells vitamins and such. Not too many choices near me, unless Walmart carries it. Never really checked there.

2. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

You can also try Nutiva Coconut Oil on Amazon or go to www.nutiva.com Also www.vitacost.com Had Nutiva 54oz for $26.59 and Viatcost brand 54oz for $21.45
    Wallmart.com had Spring Valley brand 12oz for $10 but it said out of stock. It is also on Amazon. Just make sure which ever one you buy it is USDA Certified Organic NON GMO.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow, my little 8oz jar was $13! :eek:

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

4. Luvmydoberman

Oof! I don't feel so bad about paying the $26. Although if the girls had not liked it, I would have much rathered paying only $13.

5. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

That's true, I guess, but mine were following me the minute I brought it home. :) And it's only 8oz compared to 54oz! Big difference! I may have to shop around. I don't belong to Sams Club or Costco.

6. Luvmydoberman

Me neither. That's why I ordered from Amazon and I got free shipping. I really shouldn't complain, this surely is nowhere near the most I have spent on my dogs!:D But it is hard to hear that Costco has the same size for half the price.:p

7. Luvmydoberman

Can someone tell me though, I think Judith said she rubs it right on Bella and Buddy's coats. I think that would benefit Dixie's allergies, but how do you keep them from licking it off?

8. Asteria

Asteria Formerly Luca & Co Hot Topics Subscriber

:rofl: I don't think you can. But at least it doesn't harm then to do so.

• Like Like x 1