Chopper takes the plunge...

Dobieone

Notable member
On a warm day last week me and the Chop were back at the lake. He loves the water and was running along the edge and was on the dock where I was sitting. He was in about a foot of water and he stuck his head completely under. Then he pulls out an empty water bottle and drops it on the shore. He ran to the south end of the lake where the drop off is much steeper. Well he went under, completely. I seen a nose come up and go down then he starting swimming back to shore. I thought this might scare him! He came running back to me and jumped back in. Now he was bobbing for leaves that he stirred up, LOL! This is the first dobe I had that can't wait to jump in let alone stick his head completly under the water. I dried him off and later cleaned his ears.
I forgot to add that he is getting his gonads snipped in about a week. :eek:

Wow, way to go Chopper! I'm not sure our dogs would do that, even though we don't have any lakes we go to. Ironic being that we live in the land of 10,000 lakes, isn't it? :p

Nice to see you around again Bill!

I have to get a video of him and post it on here. He will stand in one or two feet of water and look down trying to see what he can dive for! All this rain Jan and you don't have a lake in your back yard?
I think we have had 3 sunny days in the last three weeks with below normal temps. If last winter wasn't bad enough, spring sure is taking it's good ole' time getting here.

Oddly enough both of my girls love water. First one swam like a fish, Lexi loves the water but swims like a bag of cement. That worries me, someday shes gonna get in a bad situation if she doesnt learn to swim well.

I think thats a blast Chop loves the water. Suprised he goes under so willingly though. I agree about spring, it snowed here this morning, probably got about half an inch. Its melting off quickly tho.

So very glad to see you back on here. Missed you ! Definately get videos, that will be so cute !

I'd love to see that video. My GSD loves water and dives in head first!! We will know once it is warmer whether the pup likes it too. Border collie tolerates it but does not enjoy the water.
Damasyn, see about getting her a lifejacket so she can swim easier and not like a bag of cement, this may build her confidence as well as the muscles and movement for swimming. If nothing else, it will ease your mind while she is in the water. :)

Ha ha ha! Too cute! You will definitely have to get that on video. Spock loves to run through water but so far isn't big on getting his head wet. I don't think he likes water in his ears, lol.

Good to see you back, Bill! I love to watch a dog in water!! We don't have any water areas around here to easily take Buddy but I would love to see his reaction. Can't wait to see your video. I had a little Pomeranian that used to love the kiddie pool and go in after a ball, head under water! I filled one for Buddy one time, hoping that he might like it in the heat, but he ignored it. I didn't want to push it and scare him off. I just adopted a 5 1/2 month old little Chi/mix ? and I'm hoping to fill that pool again and try her! Maybe it will entice Buddy! ;)

Back