1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Chinese Jerky Treat Manufacturer Opens Plant in US

Discussion in 'Doberman Health and News Articles' started by strykerdobe, Jul 21, 2017.

1. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Only one word to say about this company? BOYCOTT them!

[​IMG]
    upload_2017-7-21_12-25-41.gif
    Chinese Jerky Treat Manufacturer Opens Plant in US
    Many pet owners will remember the name – Gambol Pet Products. They were one of several Chinese jerky treat manufacturers linked to many deaths and illnesses of dogs in the US. Now Gambol has opened a US division.
    http://truthaboutpetfood.com/chinese-jerky-treat-manufacturer-opens-plant-in-us/
    Wishing you and your pet(s) the best,

Susan Thixton
    Pet Food Safety Advocate
    Author Buyer Beware, Co-Author Dinner PAWsible
    TruthaboutPetFood.com
    Association for Truth in Pet Food

What’s in Your Pet’s Food?
    Is your dog or cat eating risk ingredients? Chinese imports? Petsumer Report tells the ‘rest of the story’ on over 4,000 cat foods, dog foods, and pet treats. 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee. Click Here to preview Petsumer Report

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow that's scary and I'll put money on it that they either don't list the source country or if they do it's in such fine print you can't find it.
    I only buy and couple different brands of treats and never jerky but how many people aren't going to realize?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

The biggest problem with pet foods, is that if a company imports any ingredients, then adds it to make a food or treat or what ever else. They can put on the package Made In USA!
    Consumers need to start calling companies and ask where they source their ingredients from!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Yes this is very true. I think quite a few of the products I buy say something like "100% sourced in the USA".