1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Chia seeds

Discussion in 'Doberman Nutritional Care' started by Viemarangelrock, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I have chia seeds sprinkled on my cereal for breakfast every morning. Looks like they are a superfood for dogs, too.

Do any of you guys sprinkle Chia seeds on your dogs raw food? Soaked preferably so they plump. It’s crazy that this teeny seed packs so much punch. High in Omega 3 and fibre.

What about sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds? Do any of you add those?

Chia seeds...

• Omega 3 Fatty Acids – 3x the amount we find in salmon
    • Manganese – 2.72 mg per 100 grams of chia seeds
    • Calcium – 631 grams per 100 grams of chia seeds
    • Antioxidants
    • Fiber – 34 grams per 100 grams of chia seeds
    • Protein – 16.5 grams per 100 grams of chia seeds
    • Iron – 7.7 mg per 100 grams of chia seeds
    • Magnesium – 335 mg per 100 grams of chia seeds
    • Phosphorus – 860 mg per 100 grams of chia seeds
    • Potassium – 407 mg per 100 grams of chia seeds
    • Copper – 0.9 mg per 100 grams of chia seeds
    • Zinc – 4.6 mg per 100 grams of chia seeds
    And, along with the above nutrients, chia seeds offer vitamins A, B, E, and D, as well as niacin, iodine and thiamine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

We use chia seeds in our smoothies and in our salads. I used to use chia seeds in his peanut butter and banana kongs to help reduce the amount of banana sugar going into one serving but now he gets ground meat kongs as I’ve really reduced the sweet fruits from his diet.

Check out hemp seeds too! They go off faster than we can finish our Costco bag of them so Kaiser got some of those too until we finished them and now I don’t buy anymore.

I use ground pumpkin seeds as his dewormer. We toast them whole for adding to our salads.

Love sunflower seeds too but have not fed those to Kaiser.

• Like Like x 2
  3. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm afraid to feed them because this might happen! :rofl::rofl:
    [​IMG]

Looks like lots of great stuff in them. I probably would look for Organic sprouted seeds.

Seeds you can share with your dog | Animal Wellness Magazine
    animalwellnessmagazine.com/top-7-seeds-for-your-dog
    • Author: Dr. Suzi Beber, Honouris Causa
      1. Camelina. A new arrival on the “seed scene” is Camelina sativa, whose seeds are similar to flax. In …
      2. Chia. Chia seeds can be found on many of the world’s healthiest food lists. They were cultivated …
      3. Hemp. Hemp seeds are a super food that can help ease joint pain and inflammation, support …
      4. Pumpkin. The seeds of this well-known vegetable are also among the world’s healthiest foods. …
      See all full list on animalwellnessmagazine.com

Chia For Pets - dogsnaturallymagazine.com
    www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/chia-for-pets
    Dogs that suffer from impacted anal sacs will also benefit from more fiber. Chia seeds provide 34 grams of fiber per 100 grams of seeds. Endurance, Weight Loss And Diabetes Support In One Package. Chia can absorb 10 times its own weight in water and generates a gel which can be consumed. The gel slows the conversion of carbohydrates into sugars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1