1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

CGC: Done! PLUS...

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by Ravenbird, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Notable member

At just under 10 months old, Asha's CGC Test was today and we passed! There was just the smallest whistle while I was gone for 3 minutes & Asha actually laid down after a minute. All else went fine. THEN, there was a CGCA (advanced) test after that (Evaluator said as long as the CGC was passed you could test for CGCA whether it's 10 minutes later or 10 months) and we passed it as well! So the first title in my life is actually 2. I'm so proud of my girl!!!!

I will admit we have lots of polishing to do, but just to get through all the steps makes me super happy. Thanks for putting up with all my questions in the past 7 months. fullsizeoutput_122.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Wow x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  2. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Fantastic! Even CGC titles take a lot of work. And you got two in one go? Nice!

Ill admit, my Jasper would fail no doubt. He is so go go go, I need the prong (or should I say I rely on the prong).

Great job!

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Congrats!!! How awesome you were worried and she did not only so well but passed the advanced one too!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

How exciting! :congrats:

5. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow, 10 months and excelling! She's not only beautiful but smart too. A credit to you as I know she is one of the lively ones with a mind of her own. :congrats:

6. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Notable member

I train in the prong a LOT, it does help them learn the verbal commands, which eventually work with the fur saver. LOL, sort of.

oh yah. About 5 minutes after she passed her test, a strange man walked by about 30 feet away and she exploded in barking and her hair went up. She was barking through my hand clamped around her muzzle. Once she decides who belongs in "our group space" every one else is toast. I just kinda wrestled her head into my lap to shut her up, and apologized to the others saying "It's a breed thing, I'm working on it". :whistle: :facepalm: My evaluator didn't say anything, but I'm sure she was not impressed.

• Funny Funny x 9
  7. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Congratulations! That has got to feel satisfying to come home with twice the titles you hoped for!

8. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Congratulations!!!!

I am impressed! Great job right there!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

:congrats: Great job, you two!!!

10. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

:congrats:
    Maybe it’s a Bellynn thing. :rofl::rofl:
    No, just kidding :rofl:

11. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Notable member

Wait, you need to fill me in on something I don't know! the roll-on-the-floor-laughing thing, is there a story? Or were you referring to the barking at the stranger part? You know these dogs way better than I do, but I love what I've got!

12. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Good girl! :congrats:

13. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

Congrats!!!!!

14. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Wow, congratulations! Not just 1 but 2? Lol, I love a sweep!

15. Doberman Gang

Lol, just teasing, about the barking. Tammy used to train with me and my son when Bellynn was young, she got her IPO 1 with us. She is a nice dog.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Notable member

Haha! I thought maybe you'd witnessed Bellyne breaking her BH or Obedience with explosive barking when she wasn't suppose to. Asha is getting much better about it (trying to encourage neutral!!!), but holy cow, she can come unglued. If that man had walked by our area while she was in the test exercises, there'd be no ribbons. As it was, the dog that was testing was not bothered by her outburst, but it sure embarrassed me. I realize she is so young yet, so still proud of her going through those 20 exercises. But yeah, lots of work ahead of us!

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Doberman Gang

Lol, nothing that stands out in my mind but they all do funny things from time to time, training and in competition.

• Like Like x 1
  18. obbanner

obbanner $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Congratulations on the success of your hard work! I think working with your dog is one of the real joys of life.