• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

CBD and Immune System Effects Dr Colleen Smith Tennessee, USA DVM, CVA, CVCP

strykerdobe

Hot Topics Subscriber
1667772563240.png

CBD and Immune System Effects Dr Colleen Smith Tennessee, USA DVM, CVA, CVCP

Article By Dr Colleen Smith, DVM, CVA, CVCP
CBD for the Immune System​
mail
CBD is known to act as an anti-inflammatory and immunomodulant agent, and the effects of CBD on immune responses can involve both innate (immediate) or adaptive (over time) responses. It can be useful for anxiety, seizures, arthritis, and for its anti-tumor effects. This article discusses quality and safety, effects and clinical use of CBD for immune support.

Please click HERE to read the full article by Dr Colleen Smith.

Thanks for the article. My Golden Retriever turns ten this year and I want to start administrating CBD for his arthritis.

I’m glad there’s research about how useful CBD can be for a dog’s anxiety. I recently adopted my first puppy from a local shelter. He was abandoned by his mother and was found on the street by himself. He was shy the first time I met him, but I quickly feel in love. When I brought him home, he started showing signs of anxiety. We tried so many things, there were small improvements, but still, my puppy was anxious, especially when he was left alone. A friend of mine showed me this article Orlandomagazine.com/best-cbd-oil-for-dogs, and I decided to try CBD. My puppy now acts more comfortable around other people, is more playful and is not as scared of being alone. I’m very glad to see his silly personality!

There are so many CBD manufactures now (after the Farm Bill passed) its :pullhair: NOT all are the same. So do your research to find quality products and not ones form your local gas stations! Lots of people just want your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

For starters look for ones that they used
Co2 Extraction Some use chemicals for Extraction
USDA Certified ORGANIC
Third Party Tested for Heavy Metals and Pesticides

It's awesome to see Dr. Colleen Smith shedding light on CBD's impact on the immune system. CBD's known for its anti-inflammatory and immune-regulating properties, which is pretty cool.

It's awesome to see Dr. Colleen Smith shedding light on CBD's impact on the immune system. CBD's known for its anti-inflammatory and immune-regulating properties, which is pretty cool.
So, it's a versatile little compound that can help with anxiety, seizures, and arthritis and even have anti-tumor effects.
But hey, if you're still curious or want to dive deeper into this topic, you might want to check out the medical cannabis treatment plan. It could provide even more insights into how CBD and other cannabis-related treatments can boost your immune system.

I confess to not reading the article, but I have experience I wanted to share. I put the late Thor on CBD and a couple weeks later needed a vet appointment for him for a sprain or limp or something (unrelated to CBD use). Thor had been trying to bite the vet's face off for 7 years at that point. 2 weeks after the CBD, he walked into the exam room with a calm confidence and sat down next to the vet, leaned into him like they were long lost pals. The vet asked what I had done and I told him. He said NEVER take Thor off of it. He said he had nothing he could sell me that would work as well for him. A couple times after, I called to ask about a limp or whatnot and the vet said to increase his CBD dosage. Turned the whole clinic into believers and me too. All 3 of the vets have texted me asking the brand name I used. Ours came from American Shaman CBD. We were happy with it.

I tried it for car rides with the dogs and it definitely helped. We got it from Charlotte's Web and I recently got a topical for myself for these darn shoulders and it helps.
I can't take the ingestibles with the meds I'm on but if the topical helps, that's all I need.

20191024_110923.jpg
this was a pic from that day that Thor turned friendly to his lifelong doctor. A couple years later, I went in with Thor and we had a brand new Doctor straight outta school. It was our first meeting and the new doc walked in and stretched his arms out to his sides and said "OH MY GOD THIS IS THE CBD DOG!" lol. Thor was notorious. When my Dobermans' sister's owner started working at the clinic, she was warned about this dog.

The only reason I have this pic is that the Dr. asked me to take it so he could show the other Dr. and make her understand that this actually just happened. The other doc told me she was jealous that the first doc got this moment. In any case, they both looked pretty happy in this pic for having been arch enemies for 7 years. Thor was the dog I would walk in and say "I have this picture of something I am questioning on Thor, but I can always bring him in, too" and it was an instant "NO! Don't bring him in, ill prescribe something and if it doesn't improve then let's talk some more."

We keep the CBD in a kitchen storage cabinet. When I open it up its about their head level. Arson walks over and noses it. I say ok and he sits down. I grab the CBD fill the dropper half way. I lift up his side upper lip and put the dropper between his tough and lower jaw. Zara loves it too. Might have to send them for rehab. LOL!:rofl:

Related but slightly OT;
Anyone try this stuff, thoughts?

I've tried it on Bonnie a couple times- she likes the bacon flavor, but no remarkable difference I can tell...

Used for car rides, or to chillax in kennel if a longer than noon nap is needed- working around house with tools, contractors in and out, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_1377.jpeg
    IMG_1377.jpeg
    279.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1376.jpeg
    IMG_1376.jpeg
    379.8 KB · Views: 2
I have no experience with this for dogs. For a little while I took L-Theanine and then separately, valerian root, for myself, with little to write home about. With that being said, some folks claim huge wins with either of these. I just wasn't one of them. As individuals, we might very well experience any of these ingredients differently. If no remarkable difference, it might be money well saved, or spent elsewhere?

We keep the CBD in a kitchen storage cabinet. When I open it up its about their head level. Arson walks over and noses it. I say ok and he sits down. I grab the CBD fill the dropper half way. I lift up his side upper lip and put the dropper between his tough and lower jaw. Zara loves it too. Might have to send them for rehab. LOL!:rofl:
"No stems no seeds, that doggy cbd...
Is badass weed..."
Daves not here man...

View attachment 143601
this was a pic from that day that Thor turned friendly to his lifelong doctor. A couple years later, I went in with Thor and we had a brand new Doctor straight outta school. It was our first meeting and the new doc walked in and stretched his arms out to his sides and said "OH MY GOD THIS IS THE CBD DOG!" lol. Thor was notorious. When my Dobermans' sister's owner started working at the clinic, she was warned about this dog.

The only reason I have this pic is that the Dr. asked me to take it so he could show the other Dr. and make her understand that this actually just happened. The other doc told me she was jealous that the first doc got this moment. In any case, they both looked pretty happy in this pic for having been arch enemies for 7 years. Thor was the dog I would walk in and say "I have this picture of something I am questioning on Thor, but I can always bring him in, too" and it was an instant "NO! Don't bring him in, ill prescribe something and if it doesn't improve then let's talk some more."
They both have that Willie Nelson thing going on...

Related but slightly OT;
Anyone try this stuff, thoughts?

I've tried it on Bonnie a couple times- she likes the bacon flavor, but no remarkable difference I can tell...

Used for car rides, or to chillax in kennel if a longer than noon nap is needed- working around house with tools, contractors in and out, etc.
Never tried this.

Back