1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Canis Maximus Why am I not surprised

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by Mystic, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Mystic

Mystic Notable member

• Empathetic Empathetic x 4
  2. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

They were labelled a Puppy Mill by A/C yet still allowed to keep 12 dogs... obviously she brought them all back in and just kept on breeding.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Hmm....something weird here.
    Do they have 2 kennels? One in Virginia and one in West Virginia?
    Did the owner sell to the manager?
    upload_2020-1-29_20-43-11.png

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Notable member

Those kind of people need a jail cell with newspaper on the floor instead of a toilet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. dobies123

dobies123 Novitiate

In case anyone has forgotten about Irina Barrett, a bullying and lawsuit-happy "breeder" that was on these boards in the past, her puppy mill got busted in 2013. She was in tears at the first zoning hearing, with the quote: “Right now, my reputation is ruined . . . . They call me subhuman. I am not a puppy mill.”

Fauquier BZA delays vote on controversial kennel

Unfortunately, that 5-0 vote for her to shut down her kennel wasn't enough to make her stop abusing dobies and other animals. She was finally busted for felony abuse this time...nearly seven years later.

Kennel owner arrested on animal cruelty charges

And, see the devastating impact it's making on the local rescue community.

Fauquier SPCA caring for animals seized from Canis Maximus kennel

Please, please, please, stay away from Irina Barrett and Canis Maximus.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

This happened in the next country over from us in VA. It’s all over the news and FB. So so sad because all these dogs can not be adopted or fostered because it’ll be tied up in the courts for at least a year.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 2
  7. Mystic

Mystic Notable member

Yea pretty horrible.

Here is a couple pups from Canis. Horrible condition these two were in.
    507BD172-9310-4697-8B2E-69AB7281B370.png

• Empathetic Empathetic x 3
  8. dobies123

dobies123 Novitiate

It looks like it is her home in Virginia that was raided last week. It sounds like that home was turned down by the county's zoning board as a legal in-home kennel in 2013 after she got caught running an illegal kennel the first time and, given this past week's events, she apparently kept breeding dogs there under the radar, regardless. God only knows what's happening at the kennel in West Virginia...we can only hope that the supposed kennel in West Virginia doesn't actually exist.

If it wasn't for the abuse of the animals, her whole scam would be comical. The Canis Maximus site has no address for the kennel, no phone number, and no owner name. Notice that Irina (she seems to be the one on the right, given the mugshot) is in the distance with sunglasses on so that you can't recognize her. I also would recommend that you not go to that site unless you have a good anti-virus program...alerts went off on my anti-virus when I went to the site just now. Hindsight is 20-20, but that website seems so sketchy that I'm surprised that people didn't see through it.

There doesn't seem to be any pictures from last week's raid in the news stories. Here are some pictures from 2013 that I found in an article from back then that were in the humane inspector's report that broke the story.

Attached Files:

• Empathetic Empathetic x 4
    • Wow x 1
  9. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

:wtf:!!!!!! What a PO:poop: she is!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. dobies123

dobies123 Novitiate

Attached Files:

• Wow x 1
  11. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

GOOD!

I'm still confused by this. Maybe their website is just one big lie?
    Are there 2 kennels and if so, has anyone checked on the other one?
    Another question....according to the website this Irina person is the manager and another woman owns it. Did the owner sell to the manager? IDK, maybe I'm just paranoid or something but the more I read about this the further my stomach sinks. I have one of those really bad feelings just haunting me.

• Agree Agree x 1