Calming bed

Ukesox

$ Forum Donor $
Luna, now nearly 4, has always been a light sleeper which often meant an interrupted nights sleep for us.
It seemed like however late she went to bed at night after a final toilet visit , by 5.00 - 5.30 the next morning she’d be awake &
making her presence known:thumbsdown:
About 3 months ago, despite having already invested in what looked like a cosy bed for her, I bought what was advertised as
a “calming bed”. I’d seen them before but pretty much dismissed them as a gimmic. How wrong I was…at night we now have a very
relaxed Dobe that will often sleep from 10.30 pm to 7pm:thumbsup:
It’s not something I could recommend until they’re over the “bed shredding“ stage but it might be worth a look if your adult Dobe’s
a light sleeper. I saw lots of different brands advertised but this particular one is made by an Australian company that seems to have
outlets (or at least ships) worldwide.

Attachments

• E724217D-7891-4A56-B8AE-13BBDDE9B991.jpeg
    E724217D-7891-4A56-B8AE-13BBDDE9B991.jpeg
    523.9 KB · Views: 17
Luna, now nearly 4, has always been a light sleeper which often meant an interrupted nights sleep for us.
It seemed like however late she went to bed at night after a final toilet visit , by 5.00 - 5.30 the next morning she’d be nes awake &
About 3 months ago, despite having already invested in what looked like a cosy bed for her, I bought what was advertised as
a “calming bed”. I’d seen them before but pretty much dismissed them as a gimmic. How wrong I was…at night we now have a very
It’s not something I could recommend until they’re over the “bed shredding“ stage but it might be worth a look if your adult Dobe’s
a light sleeper. I saw lots of different brands advertised but this particular one is made by an Australian company that seems to have
Yes I have one for Jazz and it is wonderful. I bought mine because she needed a new bed for travelling. Something cosy that she would nestle down in as her "place" no matter where we were and it's much better than I thought. When she first saw it she pushed her face right into it and snuggled. I have the biggest one but the next size down would have been fine.IMG_20220612_080611_824x2.jpg
You will notice that her bed is much better than mine!

It seemed like however late she went to bed at night after a final toilet visit , by 5.00 - 5.30 the next morning she’d be awake &
That looks very much like the one I bought for my little dog Kali. She absolutely loves it! This one is in our kitchen area that she uses throughout the day.
20220413_150823.jpg
I bought a second one to keep in the bedroom where she sleeps on the floor next to me.
20220202_071824.jpg

I even bring it with when we travel to Kentucky to visit our daughter and her cats!
20211127_162438.jpg

I thought I was done pet product shopping for my 6 year old, but a Calming Bed, omg, let me find this asap :sonic:

Luna is big for a Dobergirl but curled up she almost disappears in the largest size (XL) which has a diameter of 120
centimeters (48 inches). This is the one in the picture of her. I also later bought the next size down (large) which is 100 centimetres diameter (40 inches) which would be big enough for her but she seems to prefer the bigger one.

Update: So far I’ve been very impressed. the cover is machine washable, has been washed once & didn’t fall to bits or shrink, & went back on easily. Luna loves it, preferring it to the sofa :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Initially Kaiser was stacking his beds in the basement.
5138C555-C1A3-4FF5-B457-E5761DE23BBA.jpeg

So then we decided to keep the calming bed for the main floor and he loves it!
6EC74E36-1AF8-4596-AB2D-D3CA4342E198.jpeg
Now we restrict access to dinner time so that he's excited to use the bed to curl up. I'd say he needs to BE calm before using it, but once he's in it, he stays calm 😂 If he's not calm, he will thrash it around and when we reprimand him, he'll aggressively suckle it trying to keep himself calm-looking until we go away 😆

Initially Kaiser was stacking his beds in the basement.
View attachment 131768

So then we decided to keep the calming bed for the main floor and he loves it!
View attachment 131769
Now we restrict access to dinner time so that he's excited to use the bed to curl up. I'd say he needs to BE calm before using it, but once he's in it, he stays calm 😂 If he's not calm, he will thrash it around and when we reprimand him, he'll aggressively suckle it trying to keep himself calm-looking until we go away 😆
Wow, I guess a lot of dogs enjoy this bed! Kaiser looks soooo comfy! ❤️

I guess everyone loves it! I saw this on Shark Tank not too long ago!

Screenshot_20230127-184652_Chrome.jpg

Has anyone tried laundering the calming bed? When I bought it I thought it said it had the option to unzip the cover for washing purposes but I don’t see a zipper at all. I know Costco beds have a zipper so maybe I mixed them up.

Taken this morning pre walk while we were waiting for the rain to stop & 18 months on from my original post, bed has been unzipped & washed 4 times.
IMG_0839.jpeg

Has anyone tried laundering the calming bed? When I bought it I thought it said it had the option to unzip the cover for washing purposes but I don’t see a zipper at all. I know Costco beds have a zipper so maybe I mixed them up.
I have. The one for Kali is a small and does not have a zipper cover. I just put the whole thing in the washing machine and dryer and it came out great!

Back