Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Bumps along the edge of ear

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by dobie206, Jul 16, 2019.

1. dobie206

dobie206 New Member

Hey everyone!

I’m new to the forum and am a first-time Dobie owner. Since there are lots of seasoned Doberman owners on this forum, I wanted to ask: our Doberman has these bumps along the edges of his ears.. is this normal and will they go away on their own eventually?

Attached Files:

2. dobie206

dobie206 New Member

Oops forgot to mention that my boy is 5 months old (as of yesterday!)

3. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Welcome from a former 206-er!

Are the bumps where the stitches were? That is normal.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dobie206

dobie206 New Member

Thank you!

Yes, I believe they are.. we adopted our boy from a family member at 12 weeks old so I’m assuming that’s where the stitches were. Phew I’m just glad to hear they’re normal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Yes, that’s normal.

Also, as he ages, his hair will grow more and those defined edges you see here at 5months won’t be so noticeable unless you trim the ear hair.

Ragnar’s breeder always carries a small electric razor to shave her dogs ears.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. dobie206

dobie206 New Member

Thank you, I feel much better now about the bumps. Have a great day everyone!

7. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

What a handsome boy and I agree that the bumps are normal and hair will grow over them.

Welcome, BTW!

• Like Like x 1
  8. dobie206

dobie206 New Member