• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Bump on chin

Erheti04

I need help. I know doberman can have skin issues. She has bumps on her chin. It started to bleed today. Her bowl is stainless steel water and food dish. Could this be from a toy or food. She is only 8 months old. I am going to make a vet apt. But I want to see if anyone has any ideas

Attachments

• IMG_5092.jpg
    IMG_5092.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 6

Ddski5

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
No need for a vet appt really.

That is most likely chin acne from eating dog food. Both of mine had it- I just wipe their chin after they finished eating.

It may take a bit but it will go away if you keep their mouth/chin clean.

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Use some chlorhexidine wipes to sterilize her chin after eating. Works great for chin acne and any other skin issues. That should clean it right up.

strykerdobe

Hot Topics Subscriber
Yes it could also be from toys. Wash any rubber toys and any stuffed toys.
Yes clean the chin after eating with a mild soap. Put warm compress on the area 3-4x's a day.

Wash bowls every day.

Can put Calendula on the area.
It relieves pain and inflammation and its antimicrobial properties will also prevent infection.

1630585261093.png