Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

bully max

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by bobsblacks, Oct 14, 2013.

1. bobsblacks

bobsblacks Member

Some of you might have seen a post about how my friend got a boxer and the boxer is doing fine and i know theirs a long long way to go but she says that when hes two years old she wants to give him bully max she already has the chewable tablets bully max is i guess some tablets that are made to make muscle and look stronger and by strong i mean strong honestly i kind of see it as steroids maybe im wrong how do you see it should i tell my friend not to give the pup bully max.Heres a pic of a dog that had been given bully max[​IMG]

2. watson123

watson123 Active Member

iv'e never heard of it, but i think it look like steroids.

i don't know why people want to give their dogs meds to make their dogs have more muscle, i mean like that pic above its disgusting.
    i like muscle on dogs, but i like the kind of muscle from exercise, not from meds!

• Like Like x 3
  3. bobsblacks

bobsblacks Member

same thing here

4. Betty

Betty Notable member

OMG.. Don't give your dog ANY kind of medication they don't need. Who the heck knows what the side effects are!

• Like Like x 2
  5. dh8

dh8 Hot Topics Subscriber

Bullymax is a supplement but remember supplements are NOT regulated and often don't contain what they claim. Like human muscle supplements, this contains mostly whey with a sprinkling of vitamins. Like most dog supplements, it is very overpriced for what you get and doesn't have quality fillers.

Betty is 100% on this!

Good quality food and regular healthy exercise (we like an hour of good running/play and 2 30+ min long walks a day) is all you need. If you see the ingredients and the first 5 don't contain wheat, soy, sorghum or corn, you're looking in the right direction.

We do add salmon oil/omega 3 and glucosamine chondroitin for humans from Puritans Pride because they consistently test well at independent labs, they're reasonable (and we also take them). They both have many benefits and no bad side effects found after loads of good long term scientific studies.

Going to that muscle mass is harmful for the dog. You can build muscle but their kidneys have to process way more protein than they are intended to do and it can damage them in the long run. The joints and ligaments are also designed for a certain weight and muscle/power range; not a massive overload.

• Like Like x 5
  6. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I just did some digging on it and all Pit Bull owners (on a very popular Pit Bull site) say "do not feed it" and that there are side effects. Like I said before, good food and lots of exercise will put the natural muscle on them that they were intended to have. :)

• Like Like x 7
  7. DallasLee

DallasLee Novitiate

8. DallasLee

DallasLee Novitiate

I know this is an OLD post but I am a Pitbull owner and I feed Bullmax to my girl.
    It’s the only kibble she will eat so she eats Raw and when she doesn’t want raw, she eats Bullymax.
    She is 1.5 yr old and Buffed.

so far there are no side effects and she’s been eating it for 7 months...I’ve had blood tests to make sure all her levels are in order.

besides the price of Bullymax, I don’t see a downside and Dog food Advisor site gives a top star review too.

our new 7 month old Dobie will be going on Bullymax and raw as well. Cheers

I just had to reply because I’ve done research before I started it and I am not sure where you got your info at.

9. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Welcome!

As stated in my above quote, it was from a well known Pitbull site. Of course those are others opinions since I've never tried it but that's what I was stating above.