Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Bridge Question:

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by crypticintent, Jan 10, 2019.

1. crypticintent

crypticintent New Member

1ABB5CE2-B8C5-45E4-8C92-5AA557985FA5.jpeg We have lots of good posting information on here, but I’m curious as to one part.

When do you guys remove the bridge?
    What am I looking for in my little girl to move from radar to alien ears?

Her vet was really impressed already with how her ears are starting to stand on their own (she’s still got several months of course left in post, he also was not the one that cropped her, breeder had her trusted vet do it before delivery)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I removed my twins bridges once they were in control of their ears. I think it was about a week to 10 days when I eliminated the bridge.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

Usually about 1-2 weeks after stitches are removed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dawg 1419

Dawg 1419 New Member

Agree with the 2 post above. I have put bridge back for a week here and there. Did it make a difference? Who knows.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

When I repeatedly see slack in the bridge, I ditch it. You can see if they are using their muscles to control the ears.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. crypticintent

crypticintent New Member

We just hit the two week mark with her. When I was around this weekend through Monday she had slack about 70% of the time.

When I got home today we removed posts for her vet appointment and I didn’t bridge her afterwards. She has full ear control with the posts and no bridge to include letting it out very wide, but the second any interest or play she gets the ears straight up to even pointed inward.

Wanted to make sure I was on an ok timeline.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

It does not sound like an unusual timeline.

Glad you are observing those signs. Looks like you are doing great. One important thing you mention is that they point inward sometimes when she is alerting. That, especially, tells me you are past the bridge. The key problem that keeping a bridge on too long can cause is the ears leaning inward.

This is my take on your case. Of course blend it together with all others' opinions. I'd hate to steer you wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

If she’s got full ear control just ditch the bridge

• Like Like x 1
  9. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I agree that you can ditch the bridge now. They're off to a great start.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dawg 1419

Dawg 1419 New Member

100% even tho I did add it back a few weeks later for a few days. Idk if it helped but didn’t hurt.