Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Breeders Kill Shelter Dogs chances

Discussion in 'Canine News/Informative Articles' started by Dobs4ever, Sep 13, 2013.

1. dh8

dh8 Hot Topics Subscriber

One of the biggest problems in these issues is the lumping together of most breeders as quality breeders. Definitely not so.

Breeding is a major under the table business for people wanting to stay on gov handout programs, scam disabilities, etc. Puppy milling is more than ever BIG business in the US, along with bad BYB. When responsible breeders try to present a bigger voting force, they include all these breeders that I honestly can't see anyone in good conscience supporting. Once you lump yourselves together as a group, you get all the complaints everyone in the group cultivates. You can't separate yourself out again and you can't call the entire group responsible or quality breeders by a long shot, even if you are.

From my experience the % of quality breeders is very small. They do a good job and we wouldn't have all the breed standards if it weren't for their efforts but most breeders just slam 2 dogs together to make $$$. Then they give a good sales pitch about loving homes and health checks, along with cute puppy pics.

Except for the most radical fanatics (which exist on both sides) I don't think anyone has a problem with real quality breeders. The problem is there really are many more times bad breeders than quality breeders. Support legislation to curtail the puppy millers and BYBs and you'd get a lot of support from everywhere. Fight all legislation designed to give even the smallest limits on big puppy millers and BYBs and you get no support because they do feed animal shelters on a massive scale.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dh8

dh8 Hot Topics Subscriber

Some shelters were way too lenient on who got animals and now some are overboard in nonsense regulations on adoptions too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I totally agree and actually think they are driving people to BYBs because of their fussiness.

• Like Like x 2
  4. 20paws

20paws New Member

California.