1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Breeders Beware!!! New Scam

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by Dobs4ever, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

I received a teleprompt call tonight from someone claiming to be hearing impaired. I am familiar with they system so assumed it was legit. At the end of the call he wanted to send me a certified check or MO PLUS $100.00 and I cash the check and pay his shipper cash when he picked up the puppy. I told him I did not place any puppy without an interview and a signed contract. He hung up. So it is just like the email scams - BEWARE!!

Here is the email he sent during our teleprompt conversaton:
    Thanks very much for your response. I would be buying the female puppy you have for sale so kindly reserve it for me. You have to bear with me that I called with relay service, its because am hearing impaired. I am sending you this email to make final reconfirmation of the puppy which am willing to buy for my son birthday gift and I also want to let you know that payment will be by certified Check or Money Order .. However, I want to alert you on the fact that you will be receiving the Check or Money Order this week or next week and payment will cover your cost and as well as the shipping cost to be paid to the person that will take care of the pickup in your house.. So please as soon as you receive the payment, get it cashed immediately,deduct the money that accrues to you
    and send the remaining balance to the Head Office of the company that handles the shipment via Western union. More so, I will pay you an extra $100 if you can reserve this for me.
    So in view of the above, Here are some of the details I will need for final issuance of the Check or Money Order to you.i live in Illinois
    (1) Full Name
    (2) Mailing address, no p.o.box please
    (3) your direct telephone number both home and cell.?
    {4} Acceptance of my offer
    (5} Final asking price
    Once you get back to me with all the above information's, the check or money order will be issued out immediately and it will be sent to you.
    Regards
    Paul Hendry

Paul Hendry" <reek112@gmail.com>

• Like Like x 2
  2. ButterflyMommy

ButterflyMommy New Member

OMG that is so scary to think that people do that!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

everytime i see something like that, i know right away is scam, but its amazing, how the come up with always new things to try to get some money.

4. Lord

Lord Jr Member

i dont get what they do exacly

5. Teufelhund in AZ

Teufelhund in AZ Active Member

Oh my! I heard from a yorkie lady at the dog show last weekend of this same scam!! This jerk is one busy beaver!

6. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

Trying to get money from people. its called scamming people.

7. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

Lord - they send you a bogus cashiers check for MORE than they cost of the puppy PLUS shipping charges and YOU are to pay their shipper cash when he comes to pick up the puppy - then you give the shipper cash and later find out the cashiers check was no good so you lost XXX amount and they got cash. But to use the handicap system to scam was a shock.

I always delete those e mails because we have all seen them but this threw me because of the teleprompt system and communication is so hard. Then he said he would send me an e mail and we could do all by email when I read the email I knew immediately that it was SCAM.

So I then had the teleprompter tell him I did not do anything without a signed contract and until funds cleared - HE HUNG UP ON THE TELEPROMPTER

• Like Like x 4