1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Breeder of Europeans in America?

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by DN2017, Mar 3, 2018.

1. DN2017

DN2017 Member

Hi guys, I'm also looking for breeders of European Dobermans in America or maybe elsewhere. Who knows a good breeder, preferably one who has a young black male for sale? Ive just contacted Canis Maximus by the way.

Wat would be perfect: a black male, cropped and docked, preferably around 14 weeks of age now. Showline I think because we want a house pet.

Does anyone know what it would cost to import one to the Netherlands? Not the puppy price just transport. (At 15 weeks ofcourse)

Sidenote, its just our wishlist. If we cant find one we like then we will wait. If we find one but we dont like how the parents look or anything, we wont take him either.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

There are many breeders breeding Euro in the states, but your chances of just finding a pup available right now are slim.
    Most have a waiting list, times vary.
    Your best bet is start researching breeders and contact a few that produce the type of pup you are seeking.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That is a good question, and a tough one. I look forward to any additional input. I'm always trying to plan my next Dobe. (Don't worry, it will probably be at least four years from now for us).

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

My pup is a European and I believe the breeder has a few litters on the way. I know he ships but not sure if out of country. But if you google “west coast Doberman ranch” his website comes up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DN2017

DN2017 Member

I've sent them a message

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Whatever you do, check for health testing on both sire and dam. Some form of titles to prove they'll carry on great temperaments and body. This page will help you determine which breeders are reputable through health tests to look for, titles, and other questions to ask when researching breeders Find a Puppy

Here's a list of breeders that typically use Euro in their pedigrees
    UDC Breeder Directory

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Cscallan

Cscallan Notable member

Doberland.com

• Like Like x 1
  8. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

Doberland has nice euro dogs. Margo actually trains with me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DN2017

DN2017 Member

Theyre beautiful but they dont look like Euros to me

10. Doberman Gang

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

11. DN2017

DN2017 Member

Cant add a picture but especially few of the females look more american to me than european

• Like Like x 1
  12. Doberman Gang

Guess you would need to see them in person. My wife was in the American show world for awhile, totally different look. But most Euro’s you see, are over weight so can look much thicker. My Blaze is a euro working line but yet again a completely different look than American show or euro show lines.
    97A419B2-3BC7-4414-BF82-A37875D133C7.jpeg 6F73D1ED-0497-4B0A-A610-2BE9C2F9A315.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. NikiL02

NikiL02 Formerly Nlr02 $ Forum Donor $

Females should look more feminine than males, but Liparland and Atlobello are good euro lines.

If you want to see American lines look up a user Archer.

• Like Like x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  14. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Look up Von Schwarz Dobermann Kennel
    Von Schwarz Doberman Kennel
    https://www.vonschwarzdobermans.com
    Top Quality European Dobermans For Sale in the USA
    Also on Facebook

Katie Schwarzwaelder and her fiancé Joeri Veth do a lot of importing and training.
    They are just outside of Pittsburgh, Pa

Any testing that says it was done you should request to see the paperwork!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. GRX

GRX Novitiate

Look up Doberman for sale and Doberman puppy presentation on Facebook. This is where most European breeders post their litters now

• Like Like x 1
  16. GRX

GRX Novitiate

If you want a cropped and docked pup in Europe, you will have to look at Eastern Europe, but you should do your research for the Eastern European breeders, as their health testing is not on par with North America or Western Europe (mostly due to lack of advanced vet facilities). I would recommend to stay away from Altobello and Pride of Russia lines, as they have more DCM than most (my opinion, no pun intended). Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  17. MischasMomma

MischasMomma Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Absolutely agree with this. Katie is absolutely amazing, and has answered all of my questions extremely quickly, even though she knows I wont be ready for a few years, she still makes time for me. Her dogs are gorgeous, and all titled. She does boarding and training on location as well and they (she and her fiance) host IPO trials there. I will be getting my next dobe from her.

Sorry, I'm not sure of the cost on importing though, I've never dealt with that.

• Like Like x 3
  18. DN2017

DN2017 Member

We're currently speaking to a Dutch man who has a lot of experience with Dobermans who will help us import a pup! He was a breeder up until 2009 and competed in Schutzhund in the Netherlands. He was also chairman of multiple breedassociations and (dont know how to call it in English) a litter judge for the FCI. I looked him up and couldnt find anything bad about him. He has a contact that has a litter who are 14 weeks old and we can pick a male from.

We received extensive character descriptions and appearance descriptions of the remaining pups. As well as pictures ofcourse and information about the parents. DCM testing of both parents took place in September and they've been tested for von Willebrands and PHPV as well as HD and ED. Is there anyone who would like to take a look at the pedigree and give me their opinion?

I dont want to post it here because of privacy reasons.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

At 14 wks if their ears have not been cropped already you will be getting a natural eared dog.
    Most vets will not crop after 12 wks.
    Also most likely would have undocked tail.

20. DN2017

DN2017 Member

They
    They are already cropped and docked :) a medium crop i've been told

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1