Bravo Mississipi Gulf Coast KC

Panama

Hot Topics Subscriber
(Beth Henderson Downey of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Kennel Club)

We have to stand against bad animal laws and Mississippi Gulf Coast KC is taking a stand!!
Due to the Hattiesburg Animal Ordinance that recently passed and was orchestrated by the HSUS, Mississippi Gulf Coast KC decided last night in our Board Meeting unanimously to move our show out of Hattiesburg and back to our original show site in Gulfport. See announcement below from our club and more information when the premium list is released. Thank you everyone for your support!!

MGCKC.jpg
If they want to impose such ridiculous laws, there is no need or reason to put anyone's dog in jeopardy. Thank you MGCKC!
Hattiesburg, MS –URGENT ALERT: City Council Votes Tuesday, 9/3/19 to Ban Home-Based Breeding, Inspect ALL Animal Owners, Limit Pets. Take Action NOW – American Kennel Club

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Good for them. I'd move if I lived there.

Seriously??? :banghead:
A terrier or barn cat used for vermin control could be defined as “abused”. Further, the definition of “fighting animal/game animal” could include cats and dogs used for vermin control.
An animal that urinates or defecates on private property other than that of the owner or on any public property would be declared a “nuisance animal” and would be subject to confiscation, even if the owner removed the feces.
A “tether” would be required to be no less than 10 feet in length. This would criminalize the use of grooming nooses, veterinary restraints, etc.
A breeder who “cages” an animal would be defined as an “animal mill”. “Cage” is undefined.
The definition of “dangerous dog” requires that a dog shall be declared dangerous if it severely injures a domestic animal while away from the owner’s property. This provides no defense for an animal that reacts in self defense to an attack by another animal or that defends its owner from a domestic animal.

Tropicalbri's

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
This is absolutely ridiculous!!!

No one should have that kind of power to access your private property, animals or anything else at any hour? WTH?!?!

I have a friend that lives in Meridian MS that had a 4 yr old bloodhound that had been in training for scent work. JD had an invisible fence to contain his Bloodhound.
A Deputy approached him about some illegal activity that occurred on a neighboring property to ask if he saw or heard anything. His Bloodhound, Holly, was in the yard and started baying/barking at the Deputy and she pulled out her gun and killed Holly. She claimed the dog was showing aggressive behavior and was not contained by a fence. That was her defense. It is now in the courts to decide if her actions were warranted. JD even had the orange flags placed that indicated an underground fence.
I hope they fire her and I hope the county has to pay out the arse for her behavior!!

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
A Deputy approached him about some illegal activity that occurred on a neighboring property to ask if he saw or heard anything. His Bloodhound, Holly, was in the yard and started baying/barking at the Deputy and she pulled out her gun and killed Holly. She claimed the dog was showing aggressive behavior and was not contained by a fence. That was her defense. It is now in the courts to decide if her actions were warranted. JD even had the orange flags placed that indicated an underground fence.
I hope they fire her and I hope the county has to pay out the arse for her behavior!!
That's terrible and infuriating at the same time. I hope they fire her too, even though it won't ever the change the needless loss of the beloved pet.

BamMoMoMommy

$ Forum Donor $
She claimed the dog was showing aggressive behavior and was not contained by a fence. That was her defense.

OMG.....this is beyond insanity. I am so sorry for your friend...how horrible!!
I just had an experience in the dog park with Bam that appeared to be something it wasn't......and I read this and I feel sick and very nervous......as a Mississippi (temp)resident.